21 May 2017

19 Things In 19 Years


A few weeks ago I celebrated my ninetieth birthday and I didn't really do to much to celebrate because unfortunately I wasn't very well.  Due to being stuck in bed all day I had a lot of time to reflect on the past 19 years and I think it's safe to say that I've learn't a lot over the years. I wanted to share the things I've learnt with you and maybe you've learnt similar things over the years.  
  • Keep positive, regardless of what you have going on in my life. Try to avoid negativity and the dangerous cycle of comparison.
  • Stop apologising for the things that make me truly happy. 
  • Appreciate and love what my body does for me, even if it's not working perfectly. 
  • Continue to connect with people, online and offline. 
  • Hangout with family and friends as much as possible. Make incredible memories, love and laugh. 
  • Allow situations to be what they are. 
  • Fuss animals, always. 
  • Stop being ashamed of the things you love doing, including hangout by yourself. 
  • Make the most and manipulate fear into being the motivation I need rather than it being the thing that stops me. 
  • Be kind and considerate, always. 
  • Let these that love you unconditionally, help you when you need it. 
  • Never let anybody make you feel inferior. 
  • Take chances and opportunities when the arise because they won't always be there. 
  • Always do your best, that's all you can ever do and remember, you can always try again. 
  • Get outside and just walk. Explore your surroundings and take it all in. Breathe. 
  • Live in the moment. Worry about now, not what could happen or has happened. 
  • Embrace the time you have and don't wish that time away. 
  • Make time for those and the things that matter to you. 
  • Be proud and continue to be proud of yourself and everything you've achieved, and continue to achieve. 

B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment