15 May 2018

Productive AM's


My morning routine is something I treasure. I’ve not always been a morning person but oh how times have changed. I’ll happily start my mornings at 5AM if need be but that’s not how it’s always been. If you’re not a morning person, that’s okay because I haven’t always been one either but if it’s something you’d like to work on, here are the five things that have really helped me set my morning off to the best possible start. 

No Snoozing
Do not snooze the alarm. As tempting as it can be do not hit snooze. Right from the start, I knew the first thing I need to do is get my mind and body into a good sleeping pattern. I then decided that anything over 8 hours was a bonus. 8 hours of sleep became my benchmark and of course it varies but I figured that was okay because there is still some kind of structure. When my alarm rings each morning I make sure I get out of my cosy duvet straight away because there is nothing worse than fooling my brain into thinking it’s allowed more sleep. It’s so easy to fall back into the snooze button trap, especially in the cooler months when getting our toasty booties out of bed is the last thing we want to do but it’s worth it in the long run. Not hitting my snooze button is now a natural habit of mine but of you’re struggling I recommend putting you’re phone on the other side of your room, forcing you to get up and out of bed to turn the dreaded thing off. 

Water
I love a good, strong coffee in the morning but I know it’s not the best choice of beverage. Rather than getting rid of my morning coffee completely, because who would actually do that; probably sensible people and that’s definitely not me, I’ve started having my coffee plus a large glass of water with breakfast. I’m usually pretty good with keeping my water intake up but having that extra boost of H20 when I have a coffee has help keep me more hydrated throughout the day. But it’s also been a great, refreshing kick-starter to the day. 

Clear Workspace
This applies whether to work from other or otherwise and I know I’ve said it before, but I’m going to say it again because I swear by it. A clean + tidy space = a clear + tidy mind. Waking up in the morning knowing that my space, generally meaning the entire house, is clean and tidy puts my mind at rest. Mornings can be busy and I don’t want to have to worry about a messy space when I’m trying to start my mornings in a positive mindset. 

Night Prep + Planning
Preparing everything at night means that I go to bed with a clear mind and wake up with one the next day. It’s a good idea to plan your outfit, organise lunch and have your bag ready for the following day. My planner is also always filled out the night before which means that I can wake up knowing what exactly needs to be done and where I need to be, at what times. 

Evening Routine
My evening routine works hand in hand with my morning routine and vice versa. The idea is that everything I do the night before is going to help me wind down and relax from the current and prepare for the following. The purpose of my morning routine is to ensure that I’m as stress frees as possible when I wake meaning that I can be as productive as possible throughout the day and then repeat. 


Being productive means that I’m on top of my game, well I try to be anyway. With that being said, I’m not perfect. I might forget things here and there, I might have a bad day but we’re all a work in progress and we’re continually growing as an individual. 

Much love, B x

No comments:

Post a Comment