8 April 2018

Plane & Simple | Looking After Your Skin While Flying

@jakobsowens1

I don't do long haul flights but regardless my skin still likes to play up when flying. I wish it didn't, that'd be a dream but it's all to good to be true. Getting off the plane, my skin in always super dehydrated, lips cracked and  I always seem to again a few extra blemishes along the way somewhere. I've complied a list of things I like to do before, during and after a flight to ensure that my skin keeps as hydrated as possible with as minimal blemishes as possible. 

Drink A Shit Load Of Water
A lot of us underestimate the benefits water has for our skin. I'm always drinking water, but not only because it's good for my body but also because it's good for my skin too. Water helps rid the body and skin of toxins while helping keep the skin cell hydrated. Most people who increase their water intake notice a more radiant appearance in there skin.

Take Off Your Makeup
It's a given, I never fly with makeup on. If you're lucky, you might see me with brows and mascara on but that's it. Naturally, makeup can clog pores and cause blemishes so ideally we want to be wearing as minimal makeup as possible. Flying already tends to dehydrate and cause blemishes so limiting the amount of makeup I'm wearing while flying is just a small benefit to helping keep my skin healthy while flying.

Hydrate Your Skin
It doesn't really matter too much with what you choose to hydrate your skin with but again, I'd recommend something that isn't going to clog your pores. One of my favourite facial moisturisers at the moment is Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser. Like the name suggests, it's a super hydrating and light product but also has a bunch of hydrating goodness that'll help moisturise and soften the skin.

Don't Forget Lip Balm 
I've lost count on how many lip balms I actually own but I'll generally have one on me wherever I go. My lips are the first to show signs of dehydration so keeping them well nourished is important to me. Nothing feels worse than chapped and dehydrated lips. My favourite has is definitely Chapstick's Natural Papaw Lip Balm. Nivea also has a great selection on lip care products as well which I love just as much.

B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment