23 October 2018

Mental Health Awareness Month


I’m a big advocate for mental health as many of you will know. And while Mental Health Awareness Week was from the 08 October until the 14 October I believe we should always be willing to have open conversations about mental health as a whole. 

Some of you will know about my personal struggles with mental health & how I came to be where I am today. I don’t want this post to directly be about my personal struggles, that’s for another time but I just want you all to know you’re not alone. Whatever it is you’re going through, whatever it is you’re struggling with, you’re not going through any of it alone. I can’t stress that enough. 

I recommend talking about whatever it may be that’s on your mind & if you’re not talking about it, try writing about it. Those two things may be two of the hardest things you’ll do, I know it was for me, but I can’t even begin to tell you how much better I felt when I started talking & opening up to my therapist. Please remember I’m definitely not qualified in any of this, I only speak from personal experience.  

B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment