6 August 2019

I Wish You Were Still Here & By My Side


Over the past couple of years I’ve spoken a huge amount about grief due to the loss of my Nan & Pop. During the period of time I’ve expressed grief in a variety of ways but the weird thing is, there is no one specific way to grieve & everyone grieves in their own personal & individual ways. 

It was the 29th of June, my Pop’s birthday, when this post written by Kurtney Reyes at Thought Catalog popped up in my Facebook newsfeed. It was titled, ‘I Wish You Were Still Alive & Here By My Side’.

Over the past two years I’ve read my fair share of books & articles about grief, trying to make sense of it all. I’ve written & written until my paper is soaked in tears. But to this day, I haven’t read anything more accurate about grief & how it felt to lose a loved. That post by Kurtney Reyes was spot on. 

I wanted to share this post with you today because I want you to know you’re not alone.  Grief can be isolating, it can be lonely & it can be beyond difficult but you’re not alone. 

B x 


No comments:

Post a Comment