16 March 2021

Better Luck Next Time - Sam Prendergast


Many of you will know by now how much of a fan I am of the 'Frankie' magazine. Frankie is issued every 2 months & brings us some of the most amazing content. For March/April 2021 they're celebrating the release of their 100th issue which is so exciting! While reading through the magazine one article really stood out & resonated with me. 

Better Luck Next Time, written by Sam Prendergast talks about her experience with encountering people who claim to have no regrets. Sam had a really good point when she mentions that regret is basically her go-to mode of living. Whether it's because you left your lunch at home, forgot to pay your phone bill, cut your own hair or forgot to do the washing & now it's raining, these are all small regrets. I don't believe it's about obsessing over all the small regrets because I definitely don't sit down on a Sunday afternoon & worry about the washing that didn't get done on Monday but regret does keep you honest. 

"There is nothing to be learnt from having no regrets. It's like stamping yourself "FINISHED: could not & would not have done things better.'" I know wouldn't be the Bonnie I am today had I not made mistakes, had regrets & had the opportunity to learn & grow from them. It really got me thinking & I wanted to share that because I think there's a lot to be learnt from it. 

If you'd like to pick up your own copy or buy digitally online I'll leave a link here. While reading this article it was really a food for thought moment. It's something I thought was worth sharing because at the end of the day, we're all human & humans make mistakes sometimes. We regret & then we learn & grow because of it. 

Let me know what you think & if you haven't had a chance to pick up Frankie, then I highly recommend you do ASAP! 

B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment