24 November 2016

Spring Evening Routine


I’m such a night owl & I’m naturally my most productive at night. My night routine is important as it ensure that I’m going to really benefit from my nights sleep. Over the years, my night routine has changed multiple times & I don’t necessarily think that’s a bad thing, I think it’s great to be able to adapt & improve your routines for yourself at the time & what is currently happening in your life. 

Like I mentioned in my ’Spring Morning Routine’ which I posted a few weeks back, the purpose of sharing my routine is so that you can gather ideas for your own personal routine. The idea of this post isn’t to get you do my exact routine, my routine is what currently works best for me & that may not necessarily work for you. I’m writing this in the hopes that maybe some of the bits & pieces I do in my evening routine will help you figure out what might work best for you. 

I’m going to quickly mention that my evening routine starts around 530PM. I’m currently volunteering at a local resthome in the hospital wing & the time I finish there varies but I usually finish around 3 to 330PM. I’ll then head to the gym & workout for an hour to an hour & a half. Sometimes I’ll shower at the gym, other times I won’t, just depends on how I’m feeling. Once I’m home, my evening routine will then begin. 

530PM
If I haven’t showered at the gym, I’ll shower as soon as I get home. I’ll wash my hair if it needs washing, I’ll remove any makeup, clean my face, shave & all that good stuff. I’ll then jump into some comfy clothes, ready for the rest of the night. 

645PM
After I’ve had a shower, I’ll take some time to just relax, check social media, check my blog, catch up with friends & family etc. 

7PM
Around 7PM I’ll start preparing myself some dinner. I don’t like to have dinner to early because if I do I either end up waking up in the middle of the night starving or waking up in the morning feeling really sick & gross. Dinners will vary from night to night but I'll usually have some kind of salad along with some fish or chicken as well as an extra source of protein. 

730PM
After dinner is the time I'll do a quick tidy up. I'll wash dishes, put washing out for the following day & just do a general tidy up of the house. I love going to sleep & waking up in a tidy space so this step is a super important part of my routine. 

730PM - 9PM
This hour & a half is my time to relax & kind of do my own thing whether that's talking & catching up with friends, doing blog bits & pieces, having a cup of tea & binge watch a TV series in Netflix. This time is just purely for me & I will just do whatever my heart desires. 

9PM
Once it hits 9PM I know it's time to start getting ready for bed. I'll brush my teeth, moisturise, journal & take some time to read. I also might do some yoga or mediation, sometimes I do both. It really depends on how I'm feeling but I generally just opt for one or the other. 

930PM
I try & physically be in bed by 930PM. I don't always go to sleep at 930PM on the dot but it's somewhere between 930PM & 1030PM. I value my sleep so much & I need at least decent amount to function the following day. 

B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment