16 March 2017

Gratitude Towards The Small Things



Last month I put up a post updating you guys on a lot of what had been going on in my personal life & why I hadn’t been posting on my blog or as much on my social media. I had published all of five posts before I got some news that really broke my family. I haven’t gone into a lot of detail about it online, for personal reasons but two weeks ago today heaven again another angel, my Pop. If you read my ‘Life Update’ post, you’ll be aware that I’ve had several losses in my life, in the last three months. It’s been tough to say the least, but I’m ready to slowly begin getting back into regular routines again. 

I’ve learn’t a lot over the past three months & I think a lot of it becomes down to gratitude & being grateful. We all have a certain degree of gratitude in our everyday lives. I’d like to think that we’re all grateful for the food on our table, a warm place to sleep, clothes to wear but when you have to say goodbye to a loved one for the very last time, knowing that you’ll never physically see them again, something really clicks within side you. I’ve always been an extremely grateful person, that’s how I was brought up, however, after the series of events that have happened to me in the last three months, it’s really made me take a couple of steps back & revaluate my life, in ways that I’d never really thought about. I’m now consciously more grateful of things I wasn’t really aware of before. 

Although the last three months have consisted of so many life changes, they’re all experience I can take in my stride & learn from. 

The point of me rambling on about all this is because I want us all to be living our lives to our best possible capabilities. Don’t take the small things for granted. I’m so incredibly grateful that I was able to spend the time I did with my Pop leading up to March 02. We fed the ducks, we went for walks & on coffee dates. I took him to get a haircut, we went shopping & we went to visit a few of his friends. These are all memories I’ll now cherish forever. 


I’m fully aware I’ve rambled in this post but at the same time I created my blog to talk about everything & anything, the things that I love, past & present life experiences. There are going to be times where I’m going to post things like this opposed to a new makeup look or things more lifestyle based. I have a passion for writing & it’s beneficial for me in more ways than one, I just hope that you find in beneficial on your end. 

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment