6 July 2017

Current Winter Morning Routine


I can't remember the last time I spoke about my morning routine but due to updating it over the past few months, I thought I would chat about the shit I do to get myself ready for the day. 

For the first part of the morning, which is roughly 20 minutes, I'll check my social media and clear any notifications, I'll make my bed and tidy my room. The next part is really what helps me get in the right mind set for the day. 

For me, skincare is the most important step of my routine. Regardless of the fact that we should all be cleaning our faces in the morning anyway, it's important for me because it's what leaves me feeling awake and ready for the day. 

Next  I'll do anything around the house that needs doing. Such as any washing, any dishes and the vacuuming. This time is for me to do just a general tidy up of the house as a whole plus working in a tidy and clean environment is always way more motivating. 

Yoga, mediation and stretching play a big part in my routine for the morning. I'll generally wake up pretty sore in the mornings, don't ask me why, my body just likes to be a pain in the butt, literally. Light stretching and yoga usually helps a little, so that's something that's become super important for me. 

The most important meal of the day, breakfast. While having breakfast I'll check emails, maybe check social media. After breakfast is journaling. This can be a variety of different thing for me, some days it might be writing, other days it might be drawing. I'll also take this opportunity to plan out my day in more detail so I really know what I need to get done for the day. 

If you're struggling with a morning routine I definitely recommend checking out the following posts linked here and here, where one of my favourite people talks about 'The Miracle Morning' by Hal Elrod. I'll also leave his book linked if you're interested in checking it out. 

B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment