1 October 2019

How To Overcome Negative Thinking


The sooner you realise that negative thoughts have no real power, the sooner you will start to put in effort into overcoming them. However, overcoming negative thinking is easy said than done. It takes time to train your mind to naturally turn a negative into a positive. I often get comments on how I always turn negative situations into positive ones but it hasn't always been like that & it's taken me years of mindful & conscience living to get me there. 

I really struggled to come up with the right words for this post & I've sat here for ages trying to put something coherent together but it's just not working out in my favour. Regardless of the fact that I couldn't get the right words out, I didn't not want to post about it. 

With that being said, these kinds of posts are very much enjoyable to put together. Not only do I get to share my perspective on a topic but I also am able to share other content from creators which allows a variety of perspective to be shared. 

"Twelve years ago after I graduated from college I spiraled into a deep dark depression. I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, I was dating an awful guy who refused to kiss me, and I was so anxious all the time that I barely ate anything. I asked a nurse friend to help me find a therapist. The therapist recommended that I read Wayne W. Dyer's, Your Erroneous Zones. It may sound cliché, but this book changed my life." 

"It starts with just a thought or a feeling. Or maybe with a sentence spoken by someone else. And then it starts to drag you down. Into feeling sorry for yourself, worried or into thinking 'what's that point of taking any action at all?' as you walk around in a funk with your own personal rain cloud above your head. 

Negativity that wells up inside of you or in the world around you can quickly become toxic & hold you back from living the life you want. So in this week's post I want to share 12 tips & habits that have helped me - and still help me - to prevent & to overcome my own negative thoughts but also the negativity that's sometimes around me." 

"Many times, people's negativity comes from one small thought or occurrence & it takes them into a deep, winding spiral. Imagine your mind is like the ocean, the deeper you get into the negative thinking patterns, the darker it gets, There is no need to drown yourself in the negativity but you d need to explore it. Nine out of ten times, the negativity is much deeper rooted than people allow themselves to see or feel. The main problem is that people don't spend time or give themselves space to look at what's really there." 

B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment