20 April 2021

Are You Afraid To Do Things Alone?


It's a bit of a food for thought post today & it's a conversation I'm regularly having with those in my life. I'm very much interested in the mentality that much of us hold, a mentality that I once held, that lead me to be afraid to do things & experience life alone. I very much resonate with this post 'Don't Be Afraid To Do Things Alone' written by Mitzi J Hernandez.

"I'm a solo adventurer, I'm a loner. I am the woman you see alone at a coffee shop drinking tea and reading a book. I am the one who takes herself out on dates & sit-downs at restaurants by herself, without shame. I am the woman who attends concerts without feeling awkward about being there alone. I sing my heart out & have a hell of a good time." 

I've been thinking more & more about this recently & the older I've gotten, the more I've realised that doing things alone is simply wonderful. Don't get me wrong, I love being around people, my friends & family but I also love being alone, doing the things that make me happy. I feel there is such a big social stigma that leads us to believe doing things alone makes us a loser, lonely or that we're being anti-social. I just think there's a lot to be learnt through doing things alone. I don't know, read Mitzi post & let me know what you think. Do you do the things that make you happy alone sometimes? 

B x 


No comments:

Post a Comment