6 September 2015

TAKING A STEP BACK IS GOOD SOMETIMES

Do you ever find yourself drowned in paperwork with a ridiculous amount of unread emails and a to-do list the length of your arm? And let me guess, your morning coffee is stone cold because you just haven’t had the time to drink it? If this sounds similar to what you’re doing or if you’re finding yourself getting so over whelmed in work, study or school, take a deep breath, go and go and treat yourself to a Caramel Latte with whipped cream, trust me you’ll thank me for it later.

Taking time out is an absolute must, time out from school, work, life, stress, people and all that worrying we do. Time out for me can be several different things from sitting down and typing  my little heart out, to running a bubble bath, having a cup of tea but at the end of the day, no matter what it is, it means that I’m able to gather all my thoughts, centre myself and just focus on me and just giving myself a chance to stop thinking about all the negatives and instead about how many good things I have in my life, how many opportunities I’m yet to discover and just everything that I’ve achieved so far in my life.

Don’t get me wrong a small amount of pressure and stress is healthy. It makes us want to work and strive for our own personal best but so much stress that all you want to do is give up and stay at home and hide under your covers because you simply can’t face the idea of failure and humiliation is definitely a clear sign that it’s way too much. Learning to take time out is so important, not only for yourself but those around you. Not even your best friend wants to put up with you when you’re in constant work or study mode, all those emails you desperately want to check can wait, along with that to-do list the length of your arm.


#1 Do Something You Love //
Whatever it may be, whether it’s writing, drawing, YouTube even or maybe it’s working out and going to your local Zumba class with your best friend. If it work for you and you love it then keep on doing it. Have a balance it your life between work/school  and personal is so important, never ever be so busy work that you actually forget to live your life and explore.

#2 Learn To Say No //
This was something that personally was hard for me to learn. I felt like that I always needed to be where people wanted me to be and I had this idea in my head that if I wasn’t or said no that I’d be letting them down and be a disappointment. We all want to impress, and it’s in our nature to do so and what to do well but we must all learn to say no. Saying yes to the late nights, the parties and the extra shifts are great if your truly getting something out of it but sometimes we can put in all this extra effort without even getting a simple thank you and that’s something we could all do without. Put your focus on something that is going to make you feel fulfilled and happy at the end of the day.

#3 Look At The Bigger Picture In Detail //
It’s so incredibly easy to get caught up in what you’re doing in that exact moment that sometime if you just take a small step back and look at it in the grand scheme of things then you will probably realise that it’s nothing to really worry or stress about too much. Maybe you missed a deadline or you forgot to put the washing out for you Mum this morning but you know what, it’s really not the end of the world.

#4 Find The Right Balance //
I briefly mentioned this earlier but having the right balance between work/school and your personal time is so important. I know it can be hard sometimes but try and leave all your work/school related stuff there, try not to bring at home with you. I know that sometimes it can be hard to avoid but remember that time you have at home is your time, it’s me time. And at the end of the day it’ll still be there in the morning when you get there. Never be so busy with work or school that you actually forget to have some fun and laugh. Never be ashamed to watch the newest episode of Pretty Little Liars rather than looking up how to make your C.V look that little bit more professional. Home time is your time.

Public Social Media: bonbi3ellen
Includes: Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr & Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment