16 February 2016

Working Successfully From Home

We all like to think that working or doing online school is everyones absolute dream but unfortunately it isn't always the dream we all like to think it is. If you don't already know I attend an online school so I work from home on a daily basis & that means dodging Netflix marathons & convincing myself that it isn't a good idea to work from my bed & in my pyjamas.




#1 // HAVE AN ORGANISED & CLEAR DEFINED WORK SPACE
When I knew that I would be working from home I knew that I needed to have a space where I had no extra distractions, I needed a space that was going to specifically dedicated to my work. This could be a little desk in the corner of your room or living area, it could be a spare room in your house. Working from home is going to give you so much flexibility so it's important to give yourself a few minutes to think about what's going to work best & then build & accommodate those needs. You are going to want a space that when you immediately walk into it you know that there's work to be done. 

#2 GETTING DRESSED
The idea of this is to not stay in your pyjamas all day. Get dressed & ready like you would normally if you were actually going to leave the house. Pyjamas create the idea of lounging around & lounging around has nothing to do with working. Do yourself a favour & be prepared, you never know when you might have to pop out or have some kind of conference call. 

#3 STAY ORGANISED 
When working from home you really need to be the master of organising, scheduling, managing deadlines, all this will allow you to keep track of everything, minimise all the distractions. Really find what is going to work for you because we all stay organised it different ways. 

#4 PRIORITISE 
Prioritising when working from home is important because you are going to want to make sure you meet all the deadlines you have. You're going to want to make sure you're making all the right choices that'll lead to you having everything done in time for those specific deadlines. 

#5 SEPERATE WORK & HOME 
There is always something that you could be doing around the house. There's always going to be dishes that need doing, laundry that needs washing & folding & errands to run but try not to think about this during your work time. Create a time of the day that is specifically set aside to do those chores. For me it is first thing in the morning, I like to make sure everything is done & tidy around the house before I get stuck into doing anything work related. 

#6 COMMUNICATE 
Make sure that you're communicating with school teachers, clients or whoever, be professional & stay on top of those relationships. These people are going to appreciate it & be sure to communicate as much as you need too. In my case, with teachers, they are there to help you, they are going to want to hear from you. 

IF YOU WANT TO SEE HOW I KEEP ORGANISED >>   http://msbonni3ellen.blogspot.co.nz/2016/02/2k16-organisation.html

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment