26 June 2016

8 Habits To Boost Success & Productivity


📷  // www.tumblr.com

Being productive & working towards success is something that comes naturally & easily to some. I found myself questioning what it is that successful people do differently? From there I decided to change my routines, change habits & small  bits & pieces in my life to purely see what positive changes I could make in my life.

I briefly want to talk about the definition of success because I definitely think the definition of success varies from person to person. I think that a lot people associate success with, for example, actors, actress & singers. But it's important to remember that they are purely successful in what they do. They all had to start somewhere right? Just like us, we have to start somewhere. On of my favourite quotes is, "Don't compare your Chapter 1with someone else's Chapter 20". It's so important to try & remember to not compare yourself to others. Comparing yourself to others is a battle you're never going to win. Focus on improving yourself everyday. It doesn't have to be anything massive, just take small steps, work & try your hardest & I promise one day you'll get where you want to be.

STOP HITTING THE SNOOZE BUTTON: A successful day begins the moment you wake up . . . so wake up already! Instead of hitting the snooze button multiple times, train yourself to sit up after the first alarm & get your butt out of bed!

CREATE A MANTRA: Think about what you want to achieve & create your own mantra the you can recite to yourself before you start your daily tasks & just throughout the day. I know it might seem a little silly but you'll be surprised how well this helps when it comes to getting your mind in a good place.

WRITE DOWN ALL YOUR TASKS: To-do lists is just what seems appropriate when to comes to goals to achieve & task to do. I think I've may have talked about this before but we all know that nothing feels better than to be able to cross tasks off our to-do list.

STAY FOCUSED: With so many daily distractions coming from our phones, it can be really easy to lose focus. Eliminate distractions, even if this means turning your phone off. I promise, it's not going to kill you! It's great to practice discipline & work little things into your daily routine so that you can stay on top of things.

COMPLETE YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE OR THE HARD TASKS FIRST: I can not stress how important & helpful this is. It has honestly helped me so much over the year. Especially with long to-to lists, it can all seem quite overwhelming sometimes & you might not know where to start. I simply start with the tasks that are either hard or that are my least favourite. This way, if I do them at the start they won't be looming over my head all day. Get them done & forget about them!

TAKE BREAKS & CLEAR YOUR MIND: Again this is something I strongly believe in, taking breaks is important! I don't believe that working non stop is the way to go. It's important to take breaks & just yourself a chance to clear your mind. Taking a break is your body & brains way of refuelling & it's a chance to forget everything you haven't yet done on your to do list & just take some time to chill. This is your time so make sure you're doing something that makes you happy. When you get back to work & your daily routine you'll feel a lot more refreshed.

READ MORE BOOKS: Reading is something that I definitely love doing however I just don't do enough of it. I have recently been making a conscious effort to make time for reading because reading is one of my favourite sources of inspiration. I really enjoy reading because it allows me to create my own world inside my head through the characters of the book. I also love how everybody will interpret, imagine, create & take different things from the exact same book.

WORK SMARTER, NOT HARDER: Improving your decision making skills can help you work smarter & faster. Before you jump into your daily tasks, have a clear plan of action & know exactly what you need to do that day. Create a quick plan of action based on priority. I find that when I have a mental may of what needs to be done then it's a whole lost easier to navigate my way through the day without wasting time wondering what I need to do next.

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment