18 December 2016

Fresh Pine, Angels & Elves


It's only a week until Christmas & I can't believe how fast it's come around. I don't normally do these sorts of posts but since we're in the festive season I thought it would be quite nice to share some of my favourite Christmas memories, films & scents. 

1. What is your favourite Christmas film/s? 
I love most Christmas films but a few of my favourite classics would have to be Elf, The Santa Clause, The Grinch, Home Alone & Love Actually. 

2. Do you open your Christmas presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? 
As a child, I always opened Christmas present on Christmas Day but I've found as I get older, along with cousins & siblings getting older, we're kind of doing our own thing & unfortunately we're not always together on Christmas Day like we use to be when we were younger. Sometimes we'll get together for before Christmas or after Christmas, sometimes even in the New Year, for gift giving & to just spend some quality time together. This year, I'll be opening present on Christmas Eve because that's when I'm going to be with family & I'm going to be doing something slightly different this year on Christmas Day. 

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory? 
One of my favourite Christmas childhood memories was the fact that my little sister was scared of Santa. We use to have a sleepover in my room which meant we got to wake up together on Christmas morning, we'd open our stockings together & we'd always have a sneaky look under the Christmas tree to see if Santa had been. 

4. Favourite festive food? 
My Nan's Christmas Trifle & Shortbread will always be my favourite festive food. My Nan has always been an amazing baker & her food is delicious!

5. Favourite Christmas gift? 
My little sister & I were brought up to really appreciate that Christmas isn't all about the gifts. We always had big family Christmas' & although for us Christmas wasn't all about gift giving & I guess it was a small way for us to show appreciation for each other & like a congratulations on everything we've achieved throughout the year. One of my favourite Christmas gifts that my sister & I were given when we were younger was a trampoline. We adored that trampoline & got so much use out of it that summer. 

6. Favourite Christmas scent? 
My favourite Christmas scent is definitely fresh pine scents. Just the smell of real, fresh Christmas trees really gets me into the Christmas mood. 

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions? 
Not so much anymore, but when I was younger we use to have a BBQ dinner & watch a bunch of Christmas films as a family. Nothing to extreme, but it was lovely to just relax with family before a busy Christmas Day. 

8. What tops your Christmas tree?
At the moment, there is an angel on the top of my tree but as a child it always use to be a star. 

9. As a kid, what was that one gift you always asked for but never got? 
I can't really remember if there was a specific gift that I always asked for but never got. I do remember my sister asking for pony or a horse every Christmas. When she was younger, she was obsessed with horses & it was always at the top of her Christmas wish list. 

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
Just being around & spending time with family & friends. We're all so busy throughout the year & although we do make time to see each other throughout the year, I feel like Christmas is the perfect time for a good ole catch up & to celebrate everything that everyone has achieved throughout the year. 

Let me know some of your favourite Christmas memories in the comments below. 

B x


No comments:

Post a Comment