13 April 2017

Riwaka Resurgence, Nelson

I adore the country I live in and that encourages me to explore new places within my own backyard. Riwaka is roughly a half an hour drive from my place and I went there recently and explored a little. While I was in Riwaka, I thought I would check out the Riwaka Resurgence which is located in the Kahurangi National Park. It's a walk that takes to you to a cave and a deep clear pool where the Riwaka River emerges from the Takaka Hills. It is so beautiful I could help but snap a few pictures along the way. I feel so privileged to live in a country where we are surrounded by nothing but beautiful scenery. 


Above is a picture of what is known as the 'Crystal Pool' with the idea that you cleanse your crystals there on full moon. I'm not a hundred percent sure how often or how many people do this but I love the concept and idea behind it. I can imagine this place being incredibly beautiful on a summers night. 



Getting outside and exploring nature is perfect for clearing my mind. It was peaceful, so peaceful that all I could hear are the birds and the waterfalls in the background. It would be a perfect place to have a picnic and just enjoy your surroundings. It's definitely a place I would go back to. 



B x



No comments:

Post a Comment