2 April 2017

Highlights From The Past Month: March 2017


These last three months have been ridiculously crazy. They've consisted of the ups and the downs, the negatives and the positives but most of all I've learnt a lot about myself in those short three months. 

This post is dedicated to all the positives highlights of the last three months but more specifically the those that have happened this last month as the light at the tunnel begins to shine brighter. 

Allowing Myself To Take A Full Day Off Regularly > I'm somebody that can easily get into the habit of not knowing when to stop. All self care goes out the window and it can quickly turn into a negative spiralling effect. It's a pretty rare occurrence that I take time off during the week however I have the tendency to work during the weekend if there's something that needs doing. I've noticed over the past couple of months I've been choosing to keep myself busy because I don't want to deal with the overwhelming emotions that I've been feeling the last few months regarding the loss of loved ones. I've allowed myself to be consciously aware of this and the need for me to take time to myself, which then allows me to take better care of myself, physically and mentally. In the past month I've taken a few full days to myself where no work as been done which has allowed me to put my self care routine back into practice. I'm a big advocate for self care and self love especially as someone who has the tendency to regularly put others before herself. I encourage you all to take regular time to yourself and put a self care routine into practice. Believe me, you'll feel better for it in the long run. 

Back Into Regular Blogging > At the beginning of 2017 I made a conscious goal to really dedicate a lot more of my time and creative energy towards my blog. Unfortunately, the year didn't start how I had anticipated  and my blog was put on the back burner. However, writing is a passion of mine and I managed to get a few posts out here and there. This month I've got back into my blogging routine. As of the 16 March I've been uploading as I usually would, so that's Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 630PM NZST. I'm pleased to be back blogging regularly again, it's something I'm passionate about and will continue to do as long as I love doing it. 

Grace and Frankie > While I patiently wait for the second part of Season 7 of Pretty Little Liars to air I've been watching Grace and Frankie on Netflix. It was recommend to me by a friend and I've fallen in love with the show. It's an hilarious show and the characters are so diverse. This light hearted tv series was exactly what I needed to find and start watching. 


Warm Weather And Beach Trips > Considering daylight savings is upon us, I expected the weather to be a lot cooler by now. However, we've had a few really hot days and it's the perfect time to get to the beach before the cooler weather does really hit us. The beach is like my second home, it's a place where I can feel at one with myself, reconnect and it's almost like a reset button for me. 


Let me know some of your highlights from the past month in the comments below, I'd love to hear them. 

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment