30 April 2017

April 2017 Roundup, Highlights + Favourites


April has been a busy month, but a good busy, not a stressed busy, if that makes sense? Keeping in mind the extremely shitty start I had to 2017, April has been one of the better months, its treated me well. I feel like so much has happened this month and the fact that I've been away has meant I haven’t been able to share a lot with you or be as active online as I would've liked. After Easter, I decided I would take an extra week off and I'm so pleased I did. I was able to reflect and work on my intentions for the next three to four months. With a lot going on over the next few months I've decided that dedicating and scheduling time off, generally it'll be for a day or two at a time, will be of benefit to me both physically and mentally. I have the tendency to work for large periods of time without taking breaks. I'll start working on something, ideas will start flowing and I will continue to work on it until I think it's completed perfectly. I'm so hard on myself about the quality level of the things I do, it can become dangerous and I can wear myself out pretty quickly. I'm hoping that scheduling time off and regular breaks throughout my day to day life will help me to not only be more productive but also mean that I'm going to have the time and energy to look after myself properly. 

Travel
I spent two weeks of April travelling which was fantastic. For me, Easter was spent with my family from Christchurch and a few family friends. We were in Rai Valley, on some land my Grandparents own. See the BP here, where I talk about Rai Valley in more detail, specifically about the significance the place has to me and my family. We didn't have any cellphone coverage or any internet which meant we drank wine, played card games and talked until the sun went down. The boys went deer and pig hunting, along with all the other good things that boys get up to on the farm. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and it was great to be away from any internet and phone distractions. After the Rai, I spent a night in Blenheim with my Grandparents before travelling down to Christchurch for a week. During my stay in Christchurch I stayed with family, while catching up with other friends and family which was so much fun. I hadn't seen them in so long, we had so much to catch up on. There's something that's not quite the same as being able to catch up in person, compared to talking on  FB or Snapchat.

Blog 
Nine BP's and counting went live on my blog this month. I’m happy with the variety of posts that went up this month but a favourite post of mine this month was, "Don't Let Your Career Make You A Bad Mum". This being my favourite of the month is purely because it's something I'm so passionate about. I'll leave the post linked here, if you have no idea what I'm talking about and let me know your thoughts on the topic. I’m looking forwards to next months BP’s, with the aim to get all 13 up over the course of the month of May.

Highlights
My highlights for the month of April has to definitely be all the time I was able to spend with friends and family. Like I said earlier, I spent a lot of time away this month and being able to spend that time with friends and family meant a lot to me. 

Favourites
I have a few bits and pieces I’d like to share with you guys. 

Doing It by Hannah Witton has to be my favourite book of the month. In her book Hannah talks about consent, contraception, the LGBTQ+ community, virginity, body image along with many other informative topics. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and I think it's one that a lot of us should be reading. 

This beauty product was gifted to me as an early birthday present from my sister. I had use this product couple of times before I actually owned it myself and I knew I had to get me hands on it. I adore this product, it's high coverage meaning it covers dark circles and any redness and looks flawless on the skin. It's probably up there as one of my all time favourite concealers. 

Flow is a magazine that is printed in Poland but I managed to get my hands on it as my local book store was selling it. It's just such a beautiful magazine, wonderful article and amazing illustrated. Highly recommend checking it out if you're able to. 

B x






No comments:

Post a Comment