14 February 2019

A Gentle Reminder: You're Not What's Happened To You


I'm the happiest I've been in a long time. For the first time I feel like I really know what I want & I feel like it's achievable yet will challenge me. I've had my fair share of inevitable life challenges. I've had my fair share of shitty times over the past 20 years but I'm not defined by what happened in my past & neither are you. 

"When something bad happens you have 3 choices. You can let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you." 

You mind is one of the most powerful tools available to you. It can be the thing that sets you free or it can keep you locked in a cage - the choice is entirely yours. Life isn't what happens to you but how you respond to it. 

This is not to say your pain & suffering isn't valid. What you choose to do in the face of adversity though, is entirely up to you. It's okay to not be okay. You don't have to be strong all the time but it's important you don't become stuck in that mentally because that's when it becomes extremely toxic & happens extremely quickly. 

"I'm not what happened to me, I'm who I choose to become." 

You're not defined by your past. You just have to remember that it's how to choose to deal with the situation that is what ultimately defines you. Slow down, have a cry, feel sorry for yourself but don't stay there. You have to get back up & keep fighting. 

B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment