21 April 2019

5 Things That Have Cheered Me Up This Month | April 2019


I’m generally a pretty happy person. Don’t get me wrong, I ain’t no saint & I can be moody & hot tempered sometimes but I’m pretty optimistic, happy chappy person most of the time. However, over the past month I haven’t quite felt myself & I’ve felt myself needing to source a boost of happiness from somewhere. This is definitely where the list below as come from. I’ve booked time off, I’m traveling & I’ve been just doing things that bring me ultimate happiness. In reality, everything is fine & it’s just those classic feelings of stress & overwhelm creeping in; so actually most of these things mentioned below boil down to moments of self care which is really not needs to come into play when you’re feeling so down in the dumps. They’re small & might be insignificant to some but those are sometimes the best things to help turn that frown upside down. 

Travel
Traveling to visit friends & family is one of my favourite things to do. I’ve just got back from my first wee trip of the year. I went back to my hometown, Blenheim & celebrated my Grandad’s 70th birthday with the entire side of my Dad’s family. It was so great to see everyone at one time & to celebrate such a special person in my life. I’ve also got a 4 day trip planned to Auckland in June & I’m so excited to spend those four days with family. Moments & trips like this bring me so much happiness & I really look forward to them. 

Birthday Celebrations
There are quite a few birthday celebrations over the next few months & I’m really looking forward to celebrating with love ones. Like I said above, it’s moment like these that bring me so much happiness. One of my favourite things to do is to plan ahead events that I know will bring me happiness so that I always have something to look forward to & birthday celebrations are included in a few of those events of the coming months. 

Podcasts
For whatever reason, this month I’ve been listening to my fair share of Podcasts. I don’t know what is, maybe it’s being able to multitask while listening, who knows but I’ve had Podcasts playing constantly recently. It’s really nice to just be able to have something playing in the background that is easy to listen too. A few of my favourites are Don’t Blame Me by Meghan Rienks, The Lavendaire Lifestyle by Aileen Xu, Voices of Hope on Air by Jazz Thornton & Genevieve Morta & Not Too Deep by Grace Helbig. What are some of your current favourites that you think I should be listening to? 

Colouring In & Being Crafty
Recently I’ve dived back into my crafty side & I’m so excited to be back into it. I didn’t think I missed it as much as I did until recently. As a child, I was always creating & making a variety of things & I always had so much fun. I’m really looking forward to planning out some super crafty projects so keep an eye out for some exciting updates. 

Buying Myself Flowers
I’m sure I’ve spoken about this before but it’s a pretty simple one. I’m always buying fresh flowers for myself. They help brighten up a home & they make me happy, so why not? I always feel amazing buying myself flowers & it’s just one way I celebrate me. 

B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment