23 January 2018

When Acceptance Becomes The Truth


A lot of us take the opportunity when the New Year comes around to set new goals for ourselves. I came across a post recently which is written by Nicole Granato on the Free People Blog and it got me thinking but also gave me a new perspective on the idea of New Year goals. 

I wanted to share the following with you because I think it would be valuable for others to read and have a think about.

"While we're all trying to be the best versions of ourselves, when does the pressure to become perfect become too much? In our quest to follow a new diet, try a new skincare brand, adopt a new way of thinking, I wonder if we are ultimately distracted from what make us truly amazing… not acknowledging our beauty and strengths as we are constantly focused on what could make us better. When does enough become enough? When does the word acceptance become our truth? Perhaps it’s due time that we check in with ourselves — to acknowledge where we can slow down, be KINDER to ourselves and just simply be. Here I’ve collected a few simple tips that have allowed me to slow down and appreciate myself, my body, my flaws and my weaknesses, and to be okay with them and nurture them."

Let me know what you think. Did it change your perspective like it did mine? Make sure you check out the full post here

B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment