9 November 2018

A Note On Happiness


Happiness is something that can always be found and it’s something we can’t just expect to be there. I’ve learnt that happiness is something we’ve got to constantly work at and I’m okay with that.

That past few years have been so up and down with my health. Mentally and emotionally. I’ve felt like I had flickers of hope in there somewhere but they’re been blown out as quickly as a lit match to the wind. 

Today I woke up with a migraine but I’m seemingly still feeling extremely grateful and happy. 

So instead of fearing the next flicker being dimmed, I’m relishing every last second. Soaking up every ounce of health running through my veins, every inch of happiness and every grateful thought. That I wake up every day to only take another breath, to love the people I do, to enjoy day to day rituals and to witness some of the best moments of my life. 

I’m grateful that at my lowest points I still manage to find my way home. Home being myself. 

I’m awake for what feels like the first time in ages. 

And so this, this post is for the times when the flame has gone out, to let not only me but also you, remember that day like these will always come around. 

For how can we feel these glorious highs, without those desperate lows? 

B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment