11 March 2021

Beside Beauty Products


I'm all too aware that wishing away your time is one of the worst habits you can have, I can't deny that there are days where all I dream about is getting back into bed. There is something so amazing about climbing into fresh sheets after a long day, especially into the cooler months. My evening routine is something that is a really important part of my da, it's something I seriously look forward to. Taking your makeup off can be just as great as taking your bra off after a long day. There are a few products that I reach for every evening that make my night just a touch better. 

I always think there is a fine line between having your bedroom be somewhere that is calm & peaceful. I like my bedroom to be really cosy & inviting, almost like a like a little sanctuary. Things that are a must for me are cosy bedding & comfortable pillows, a good book, peaceful warm lighting, plants & a glass of cold water. 

Sleep Spray/Essential Oils 
A sleep/pillow spray is quite a luxury product, I think we can all agree on that, but it is something that is very nice to have around. Alternatively, essential oils are the next best thing, in my opinion anyway! Lavender, Eucalyptus & Chamomile are some of my favourites to keep my bedside. If I'm not spraying in onto my pillows, I'm popping a few drops into my oil diffuser & it helps create that beautiful calm space. 

Nail Oil & Hand Cream 
Every night without a doubt I apply nail oil & a thick hand cream. Especially as we're coming into the cooler months my hands get horrendously dry but other than that, it's a simple way to pamper yourself. 

Lip Balm 
I feel like this is a non-brainer but I change the lip balm that a keep beside my bed all the time. As of right now I'm reaching for a classic, old favourite - Nivea Original Care Lip Balm. Nivea is always my go to & no matter what, it's what I always end up going back to. 

Body Lotion 
Applying body lotion before bed is another really simple self care ritual & at the moment I'm making my way through my second bottle of the limited edition Lush Yog Nog Body Milk. I always grab multiples of this product when it comes out at Christmas time because it's one of my all time favourite scents. 

What are your favourite products to use in the evening?

B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment