12 June 2015

A WEEKEND AWAY: MY TRAVEL ROUTINE

Since I'm spending this weekend away in Christchurch for my sisters birthday I thought I would take this opportunity to let you guys into my travel secrets and surprises! So stay tuned for a few other upcoming posts!

It's time to wake up //
I love to set my alarm for earlier than I normally would just because I like to take some time for myself. I'm personally not a great traveller so taking time to myself in the morning is important. Whether that may be making myself a cup of tea, painting my nails, reading a magazine or book. Just something that will really just allow me to have me time and centre my positive thoughts and feelings.

Breakfast //
Something light is what I prefer when it comes to the morning of travel. I will generally reach for something like avocado on toast, it's light but super filling. Along with that I will have a nice big glass of water.

Shower //
Now I don't know about you guys but I find baths and showers super relaxing and leaves me feeling fresh and with a clear mind. I'm a big shower girl in the morning just because it's quick and easy but depending on how much time you had before catching your flight you could definitely have a bath.

Skincare //
A moisturising skincare routine is super important for me in the winter but also when I'm traveling. Some of my favourite products at the moment are the Simple Kind to Skin Moisturiser as well as The Body Shop Vitamin E Over Night Serum. I use both these products morning and night, together they make my face feel amazing! I always like to leave those products sit on my skin for a while so while I wait I pick out what I would like to wear, in this case on the plane.

Comfy Clothes //
I believe the best thing while traveling, no matter how you're traveling, is definitely comfy clothes! Comfy clothes are especially key if the duration of the flight is long. Depending where I'm going, what my plans are after the flight and what I'm packing to take with me will depend on what I'm wearing! However I generally am reaching for black tights, some kind of comfy t-shirt and a jumper, paired with either my black converse or my black booties.

Make Up //
Simple but effective is the key for me while traveling. I'm not to keen on wearing heavy make up on a flight, in fact at all while I'm traveling but I do like to wear a small amount. I tend to reach for my favourite concealer and at the moment that is the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 15 Fair, for powder I've been using my Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Powder in 01 Fair, for mascara I have a new combination at the is the Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes with layered on top the Maybelline The Mega Plush and these are both in black. Eyebrows, the most important thing am I right? I have been using the E.L.F Eyebrow Kit in dark and then over the top I have been using the Australis Clear Lash and Brow Extender. Lips is simple, just any lip balm I have lying around but I have found myself reaching for the Nivea Pure ad Natural Lip Balm in Milk and Honey! While traveling I'm definitely going for a fresh and healthy look.

Handbag //
Last not not least I will put any leftover bits and pieces in my handbag! Products like lip balm, purse, phone, chargers, keys, tissues etc. I will also double check I have everything like my boarding passes.

After all that I'm ready to head out the door and start my traveling adventures! Be sure to let me know in the comments below a few of your favourite places around the world or places you'd love to go one day!

If you would like to follow me on social media then please do and be sure to tune in for the next installment of A Weekend Away!

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment