31 October 2018

Five Highlights From The Past Month | October 2018


After an unannounced blogging hiatus, October was the month I hit the ball rolling again. October has been an absolute pleasure. It’s been productive, relaxing & crazy busy but I’ve enjoyed every moment of it. 

Hitting Deadlines
I’ve been hitting a lot of deadlines this past 4-6 weeks & it feels so good! The closer it gets to Christmas & the New Year the busier life begins to get so to be able to meet deadlines is something I’m going to celebrate while I can. 

Term Three School Holidays
Some of you may know that I work at an Before & After School + School Holiday Programme. School holidays are definitely some of our busiest times of year, especially because in the holidays we operate for 9-10 hours per day rather than 5 hours during school term. It was the October holidays for the first two weeks of the month & we all had an incredible time. We had picnics, went Ice Skating & to our local Zoo. The kids did stone carvings out of Omaru Stone & made door stops from recycled teddy bears. Not only did the kids have a fantastic time, but us staff members definitely did too. 

Film - A Simple Favour
I walked out of the theatre wondering what I had just seen. It was definitely not what I was expecting when I read it was a  thriller. None the less, I realised pretty quickly that while it wasn’t what I expected, it was one of my new favourite films. I think if you’re going to watch ’A Simple Favour’ go into it with an open mind. Expect anything & everything. Don’t let the word ‘thriller’ put you off, neither let it raise your expectations. I just don’t know if ‘thriller’ is the best way to describe the film. Blake Lively & Anna Kendrick are incredible actress’ but when you put the two together, you have an unbeatable duo. Paul Feig, director, has done a fantastic job at selecting the cast & writing a fascinating story line. Because I don’t want to spoil the film, I’ll simply just leave the trailer linked here for you to have a peak at.

Haircut
So this one is more of a September highlight but I never got around to sharing it here. I CUT MY HAIR OFF! While my hair is still considered long to so many, it definitely isn’t for someone who has had hair down to her butt for the past 4+ years. My hair now sits at my boobs, so there is a significant difference. I’m loving my ‘short’ hair & while I was nervous about it to start with, it’s quickly become one of those things I wish I had done sooner. 

2019 Bullet Journal
I can’t believe it’s the end of October already. The fact that I’m setting up collection pages for my 2019 Bullet Journal is a little surreal. I’m really enjoying setting up all the spreads & bits I want to keep track of next year. While I’m excited for 2019, I’m sad that 2018 is coming to an end. But we’ve still got two months left & I’m so ready to make the most of the last two months of 2018. 

B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment