28 July 2015

HOW TO PLAN YOUR WEEK

Getting organised and planning for my upcoming week is something I do every Sunday without a doubt! Knowing what I need to have accomplished by the end of the week is important and helps be stay on task and be more productive! These are some of the steps I take in order to have a productive planning session on my Sunday's! Enjoy! 

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the result of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other people's opinion drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have to courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." ~ Steve Jobs 

#1: Get ready and comfortable.
  • Relaxing music 
  • Quiet place 
#2: List all the tasks you need to complete over the next week. 
  • Set priorities 
  • Categorise your tasks
#3: Shedule everything. 
  • Shedule the time you need to accomplish your tasks
#4: Get a planner/calendar. 
  • Notebooks
  • Apps
  • Google calendar 
#5: Cut those tasks that don't fit into your calendar for that week.
  • Add to your calendar for next week or next weeks to do list 
#6: Check your planner first thing in the morning.

#7: Review and reflect. Be greatful for what you were able to accomplish. 

I personally use my phone as my way of getting organised. I use my Calendar App that comes alreasy installed on iPhones but I also know of a few other calendar apps that could be useful and you can easily find them on the App Store. Along with the Calendar App I also use Evernote. I use this for note taking, listing tasks the need to be done, but also planning blog posts and other bits and pieces. I prefer to organise my day to day events like this because I know without a doubt that my phone is going to be everywhere with me. I can trust myself to have it on me anyway and it also saves me from carrying extra stuff with me throughout the day. 

I hope this is helpful to some of you and especially to those who feel that there is a bit of pressure to having everything done at once, it gets like that sometimes and we've all experienced it!

Be sure to leave in the comments what some of your planning tips are! 

Also if you wish to follow me of social media you can!
Twitter; bonni3ellen
Instagram; bonnie.ellen
Tumblr; tumblr.com/bonni3ellen
Pinterest; bonni3ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment