9 February 2016

Breaking The Habit Of Comparison

Ever been caught up in the act of comparison? Yeah me too & more often than we'd like to admit right? And unfortunately I'll only end up making us bitter. The reasons behind comparison are limitless but I think the biggest three are jealously, worry & the success of others.




JEALOUSLY //
What tends to make us jealous may not matter to the person beside you because it all comes down to personal values & what's important to each individual. Although it's highly natural of us to get jealous, it's also highly self destructive & distorts our reality, our attitude, our feelings & everything else while it's at it. The consequences of all this? Well you only end up getting hurt & hurting those you love & care about the most. That's why it's so important for us to try our very best to control the negative thoughts. When negative thoughts pop into our minds it important to quickly turn them into positives. Right about now, you're probably thinking, 'Yeah well that's easier said than done.' & I'm a hundred percent aware of that because it's taken me awhile to train my brain to automatically think of the positives over the negatives however I still have days where it's not great. Sometimes I need to sit down, take a breath & go through what's important to me. From there I try to focus on the positives. Being positive is something that has always been important to me & making the good out of every situation & I know that can be hard sometimes but the fact that you have noticed & accepted the fact that you want to make that change is the first step.

WORRY //
Without even knowing it I think that we are all constant worriers to some degree. There's always something going on in our lives that will have us worried. As humans we always have a certain amount of stress & worry in our daily lives. However I think  the biggest thing we all become consumed of worry about how people perceive us. We are always worried about the clothes we're wearing, the way our body looks, the way our hair looks, whether people will laugh at us or like our latest Instagram picture. Everyone is trying to look good in the eyes of others. Everyone is stressed & worried about how they look & how they are going to be perceived by others. I think no matter how much we tell ourselves that we don't care, there is still a small portion of us that does. I believe that the best way to go about this is by being aware of the worry & anxiety. Remind yourself that underneath it all this worry & anxiety that you are a good person, that wants to be loved & appreciated.

I have a question for you all. Do you think that it's important to have a certain amount of stress & worry in your day to day life? I know that when I have the right balance of these to things my body is to highly effected by it, I almost want to say that I preform better & that certain worries help me keep my life on track. I'm really interested to see what your thoughts are on this.

SUCCESS OF OTHERS // 
We never really are fully satisfied with the things we achieve, whether they are big or small. There is always somebody that is going to do it better right? I think that when it comes to the success of others we simply just need to be happy for them. We have to remember that we are all individual human beings & we are all on our own journey of life. There are always going to be people that are better at certain things that maybe you aren't so good at & visa versa. We should all be proud of what we all achieve daily, whether it's simply getting out of bed in the morning to sending in a big assignment to the boss. I think we all need to give ourselves a bit more credit when it comes to personal success & achievements.

I apologise that this is such a rambling post. It's something that I'm passionate about as for as long as I can remember I was constantly comparing myself to others & it really wasn't great for my mental & emotional well being, short & long term. Please let me know what your thoughts are on this, I'd really love to hear them.

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment