28 July 2016

Embracing Change



Embracing change isn't always something we all fond of. Most of us like to stay in our comfort zone & stick with what we know. After all, it's called a 'comfort' zone for a reason right? Change happens to all of us, it's simply a part of life. And don't get me wrong, while some change is undeniably good, we can often be faced with disruptions & changes in our lives that are not often welcome. 

The good news is that embracing change can be an easy life skill to pick up. Trust me, once you start looking at change is a good thing, you'll be amazed at some of the benefits that will follow. I've had my fair share of change in my life but I think without saying, a lot of us have. I've put together seven reasons why change is a good thing. Change is what you make it & it's important to remember that.

1: CHANGE HELPS YOU GROW
Change can often force us to adapt in ways we never imagined, which I believe can drive personal & professional growth.

2: CHANGE CAN CHALLENGE YOUR VALUES & BELIEFS
The way we choose to react to change can often involve re-evaluating our values & beliefs. I'm not saying that you would completely turn your faith on its head but what I am saying is that you should be open to new ways to approaching change & just life in general.

3: CHANGE REVELS STRENGTH 
Without being forced to accept the changes in your life you may never get to fully know your own personal strength. And this also includes your ability to adapt in new & interesting ways.

4: CHANGE BREAKS UP ROUTINE
I'm definitely someone who has set routines & routines can be good. But sometimes routines can leave you in a rut. I find that if I change up my routine every now & then it keeps my mind active & focused & doesn't become fixated on negative thought patterns.

5: CHANGE OFFERS OPPORTUNITIES
This has been a big point in my change journey. By altering the way you live your life, even in a small way, change can present amazing opportunities that can then have a domino effect, providing you with more dreams than you dreamt of.

6: CHANGE HELPS YOU TO BE MORE FLEXIBLE 
Try to start thinking of change as something that gets you out of that rut. Embrace change & face it head on with excitement. If you can learn to not be set in your ways I believe that it will lead to a more positive life.

7: CHANGE MAKES YOU MORE COMPASSIONATE
I wasn't going to include this point at all but I thought that some of you might find it beneficial. When you 'become to comfortable' in your own situation it can be more difficult to understand & be more empathetic towards other. I especially think that change can remind us to be kind, not only when making choices that will effect others but also when others may make decisions.

B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment