21 December 2017

Summer Skincare Line Up


I’m starting to wonder if I have more skincare products than I do makeup but none the less skincare is so important and I can’t stress that enough. I often get compliments on my skin and I’m often asked how I keep it looking so healthy. The answer is a regular morning and night skincare routine. 

In the summer my skin is definitely a combination of oily and dry. I tend to be more oily in my t-zone and drier on the outer the perimeter of my face. And to be honest I don’t really change products due to the change of my skin type, I kind of just roll with it. 

While I throughly enjoy all of the products I’ve mentioned below, I do recommend that you do a little more research into each product before purchasing them. Remember what works for me may not work for you and your skin, and vise versa. 

MAKEUP REMOVER
There are two kinds of makeup removing products I'm using at the moment. Face wipes are a standard product in my routine. I use them to remove the majority of my face makeup and then I'll go in with my Simple To Kind Skin Hydrating Cleansing Oil to remove any eye makeup. Cleansing oils can be messy sometimes but I think they're the best way to remove your makeup. They help break down and remove makeup without having to pull and tug on your skin. But the thing I love most about the Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Cleansing Oil is that it removes waterproof mascara with ease and leaves skin feeling super hydrated, which it suggests in it's name. To see a full review on the Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Cleansing Oil click here.

CLEANSER
This will be no surprise to some of you but The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash is still a solid part of my routine. I swear by this stuff for keeping my skin clear of any breakouts and blemishes. I've used this product for years now and everytime I try something new I always find myself going back to The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash. I believe I've mentioned it before but tea tree is great for your skin as it has antibacterial properties that will help keep blemishes at bay.

EXFOLIATOR
St Ives Pink Lemon and Mandarin Orange Scrub is my current exfoliator of choice. St Ives have a fantastic line of exfoliants and I've used a few of them in the past. I think that you're able to pick the intensity of the exfoliant is a great feature so that even those with more sensitive skin still have an option. St Ives exfoliants leave your skin feeling soft, smooth and fresh without being too drying. And I'll quickly mention that all their product smell incredible. 

TONER
Again, back to continuous favourite, The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Toner. Really lovely toner and because of the tea tree and it's antibacterial properties it's great for helping clear the skin. I will mention that if you're not too keen on the smell of tea tree then this product may not be for you. 

FACE MASKS
I have a couple of face masks I'm really loving using at the moment. Both along the say lines but different brands and different intensities. L'Oreal Pure Clay Detoxifying and Illuminating Mask is great for pulling out any gunk in your pores and just giving your face a really deep cleanse. It's also a great dupe for the Glamglow Super Mud Clearing Treatment Mask however it's definitely not as intense. The Glamglow face mask really makes my skin tingle once applied, its like I can feel it doing the cleansing of my pores. It also drys down a lot quicker meaning you wouldn't need it on your skin for as long as L'Oreal face mask. I alternate the use of both face masks, using the L'Oreal mask more often to help clear pores on a regular basis.

MOISTURISER
Again this shouldn't be a surprise to any of you but the Nivea Soft Moisturising Cream is the moisturiser I'm using at the moment and will be continuing to use this summer. There isn't really much left for me to say about it other than I love it and the glow it gives my skin.

EYE CREAM
I think I mentioned this eye cream in my winter skincare post, the Wild Ferns Manuka Honey Intensive Refining Eye Cream. It has a variety of oils in it which leave your under eyes bright, glow and hydrated. I've also done a full review on this eye cream so if you'd like to read that it'll be linked here

SPF
My SPF of choice this summer is the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Face Sunscreen Liquid Lotion SPF50+.  I'll always use SPF50+ on my face to ensure that it's really protected from the sun. I love that this sunscreen is a water light texture and gives a matte look on the skin which I think it perfect for under makeup. Also I really enjoy the fact that this product doesn't close pores. It gets a b ig thumbs up from me.

B x 





No comments:

Post a Comment