13 March 2018

Skincare Habits | Start Right Now


Okay, so if you’re a skincare junkie like myself I don’t know how informative you’ll find this post. There are a few habits which I’ve encountered over the years which I’ll always class as important parts of my skincare routine. I was taught from a young age about how important it is to look after your skin and I have my Mum to thank for that. 

Sunscreen
It’s encouraged that we wear sunscreen daily, rain or shine. Sun exposure causes skin damage, ageing and wrinkling of the skin and sunspots. With things like these, it’s much better and easier to prevent rather than treat. Of course, the earlier you start incorporating sunscreen into your skincare routine the better, but it’s never too late to start. 

Exfoliation and Chemical Exfoliation
Exfoliation scrubs are great for the top layer of your skin however that’s genuinely as far as they go and unfortunately most of the troublesome build up is deeper and beyond the reach of an exfoliator. Whereas Chemical Exfoliations go that wee bit deeper and help remove the build up of skin cells. AHA and BHA are the most common chemical exfoliants used in skincare today. These are glycolic, lactic and salicylic acids. 

Be Gentle
My skincare routine has change throughout the years and now it’s very much full of gentle and natural products. More so than not, they’re fragrance free with no harsh chemicals that could damage my skin rather opposed to improving it. I think just being a lot more gentle with our skin in general, especially when cleansing and exfoliating, will improve how our skin continues to appear over the upcoming years. 

Do Your Research
I always mention this when talking about skincare products that I love. It’s so important that you do your own research into products that you might want to use in the future because there will be cases where what works for one person won’t work for you. It’s about knowing your skin and what it needs at any given time. 

B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment