17 January 2017

Looking After Yourself This Summer


\You all know that I'm a big advocate of self care & self love so it only made sense to update on what I've been doing in the way of looking after myself this summer. In the summer I tend to spend a lot more time outside so I like to make sure that I'm taking the right steps to ensure that my body is well hydrated & looked after.

No.001: Keep Hydrated 
Keeping hydrated is something that is important all year round but especially in the summer as we tend to sweat a lot more due to the warmer weather. If I don't regularly keep hydrated, I'll suffer from headaches & that's never fun especially in the heat. Not only will your body benefit from it but so will your skin.

No.002: Sun Protection 
Keeping protected from the sun is so important, I can't stress this enough. There are so many different  ways to protect yourself from the sun whether that's wearing a hat, wearing clothes that are going to cover your skin, sunblock & also sunglasses. Don't forget to protect your eyes either! I don't go anywhere without my sunglasses nor without putting sunblock on.

No.003: Exfoliate & Moisturise
Looking after you skin is important in the summer. I've covered looking after it in the sense of covering up & using sunblock when outside but I also think it's great to look after your skin with a good exfoliant & moisturiser. It's a no brainer, but exfoliating & moisturising is going to keep your skin looking & feeling fresh, which, I don't know about you, is exactly what I want!

No.004: Hair Masks & Oils 
Due to the weather being a lot warmer I tend to spend more time outside, meaning that my hair is in direct sunlight for the majority of the time. It the summer months I find that my hair can get extremely dry & brittle. Hair masks & oils are the perfect solution & are something I've incorporated into my routines to ensure my hair has plenty of moisture to keep it healthy & strong. My favourite hair mask & oil at the moment is by a brand called Keune, but I'll talk more about the specific products in my 'January Beauty & Lifestyle Favourites' so keep an eye out for that!

No.005: Fresh Fruit & Vegetables 
If you were to ask me what my favourite part of summer is I would straight away say, the variety of fresh fruit & vegetables. We should all be taking advantage of the availability we have of such amazing fresh produce. I love to use fresh fruit in my smoothies & fresh vegetables for lunch & dinner meals. I highly encourage you to try something you haven't tried before, this is the prime opportunity to. Plus you can't go wrong with amazing fresh fruit & veg!

No.006: Get Outdoors, Explore & Have An Adventure
Summer is the prime time to get outside, explore & have an adventure. During the summer, I spend quite a bit of my time outdoors, whether that's at the beach or even just at home. There is something about being outdoors in the fresh air that makes me feel great. Even if I'm working, I make sure I get outside for some fresh air. It uplifts my spirits, wakes me up & makes me feel awesome, which are three things I can really do with heading into a busy afternoon of work! I encourage you to all take sometime this summer, to appreciate the outdoors & the amazing country you live in.

What are some of the things you do to look after yourself in the summer? Or maybe it's winter where you live, so what are some of the things you do to look after yourself in the winter?

B x








No comments:

Post a Comment