11 May 2017

Recommendations For Things To Do Before Bed


Your night time routine might be the last thing you think about when you get home after a long day at school, work or even just a night out but your night routine is just as important as your morning routine. Routines play an important part in my life, and more specially a night routine allows me the chance to prepare myself for the following day, not just physically but mentally as well. 

It's important to keep in mind that these are only recommendations and aren't the only things involved in my night routine. Each of these things play a huge part in my night routine and getting my body ready to relax and re-energise to the best of its ability. 

Remove Makeup
At the end of a long day, makeup ends up only leaving dirt and oils on your face. It's important when looking after your skin that you remove your makeup before going to bed. Even if it is only the bare basics - cleanser, tone and moisturise. You're going to want to cleanse, which will help remove dirt and oils. Tone, which will remove any excess oils while also leaving skin feeling clean and smooth. And last but not least, moisturise, which will help skin rehydrate. 

Green Tea/Lemon Water
Green tea and lemon water have an incredible amount of health benefits. Not only will it make you feel great physically but it also boosts metabolism, antioxidants and hydration levels. 

Tidy Space, Tidy Mind
You know that good ole saying, tidy space, tidy mind? It's true and super effective. I know that if I spend a few minutes in the evening tidying up any clutter, washing dishes, organising my desk, that I'll feel so much more productive in the morning waking my to a tidy and clean space. It means that I don't feel like something is looming over me all day. 

Mediate
Speaking of clear and tidy  minds, take a few moments to mediate. By doing this I feel so much more lighter and relaxed. By the time I'm finished mediating my ready to sleep like a baby. Knowing that I can take on anything tomorrow throws at me with a calm and steady outlook is such a great feeling. 

Get To Bed Early
A bit of an obvious one but we all should be aiming for eight or more hours of sleep every night. I didn't realise this along time but actually getting less than eight hours of sleep every night can cause a raise is our stress hormone and the chances of us getting sick and rundown. Plus, getting eight hours of sleep at night means we don't feel the need to have a mid afternoon nap - bonus! 

B x 





No comments:

Post a Comment