14 May 2017

Why Self Respect Is So Important


Neither self care nor self love is enough. On it's own or paired together, it's not enough. Self respect might be a long distance relative of self love and self care, but it's still a relative. It's still important. We need to start recognising self respect and thinking about what it means to us individually but also what we do for ourselves that shows self respect. Self respect is going to mean different things to different people, but my take on it is that self respect is about accepting ourselves fully for the person that we are. Acceptance for the things we like about ourselves as much as the things we don't like about ourselves. Developing awareness towards the willingness to feel emotions, feelings, thoughts, likes and dislikes without denial. 

While thinking about self respect as a whole, what it means to me and the significance it has on my life, I became curious as to what others thought about self respect and what their opinions were. I admit, I learnt a lot from just these three articles below and it became clear to me that some of you might just benefit from these articles too. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that self respect is just as important as self love and self care. Like I said, they many be distance relatives but at the end of the day they're still relatives. All three are just as important as one another. Try putting self respect practices into your very day life and see how you get on. You might just notice some pretty incredible changes. 




B x

No comments:

Post a Comment