16 July 2017

My Cold Weather Essentials


Winter has hit us with full force this past week. With tremendous amounts of snow, freezing cold winds and down pours of rain, it would only be appropriate to share the essentials that have got me through the last few weeks without completely freezing my butt off, coming from someone who doesn't particularly enjoy winter. 

Leather Jacket
For the longest time I had been wanting to purchase a leather jacket but I never really fell in love with any particular styles that I had come across in my local shops. When I was down in Christchurch, I hit the jackpot. Not only did I find a gorgeous leather jacket that I fell in love with, but it also had a huge discount off the original price. Bargain, right?! My leather jacket has been such a staple in my wardrobe this winter. Not only does it go with a variety of outfits but I'm able to layer clothes underneath it, meaning my toasty warm when the weather is shitty. 

Scarves
Another staple in my wardrobe, not only this winter but every winter, is scarves. Ever since I got seriously sick a few years ago, I've had to be super careful especially in the winter with looking after myself. I've found wearing something around my neck and chest provides extra warmth which can help with preventing breathing difficulties, a sore chest, swelling of the glands and all the jazz. But also, lets be honest, anything that adds a little extra warmth is a bonus. 

Face Oil
Winter is never a fun time for my skin. I seem to get super dry skin during the colder months meaning I will switch up a few of my skincare products. Sometimes I'll add a face oil to my skincare routine which just helps add extra hydration to my skin, other times I might switch up my moisturisers. This winter I have stuck to a true favourite, the Nivea Soft Face, Body and Hands Moisturising Cream. However, I've added the Wild Ferris Manuka Honey Intensive Refining Eye Cream to my skincare routine. I've only had the product for a few weeks but so far so good. Check my monthly round up post at the end of the month to see if it makes a cameo. 

I feel like I have lots of other little essentials like my favourite teas, beauty bits, reading material but I'd definitely say my top three are those above. Maybe I'll mention some of my other favourite essentials in my monthly round up post in a few weeks, so keep an eye out for that. 

Feel free to let me know what you cold weather essentials are, I can always do with some help to get through the cold months! 

 B x

No comments:

Post a Comment