11 July 2017

How To Deal With Feeling Overwhelmed


Feeling overwhelmed is never a pleasant feeling. We never all want to just one thing, actually we normally want to do it all the things. We find ourselves pulled in a million of different directions and with so much to do, we never know where to start. What do we do? Do you try do it all at once OR do you do nothing at all? Either way, you're not getting anyway. 

These first seven months of 2017 have been ridiculously overwhelming for me. I've had so much going on, not only in my personal life but also professionally with things such as my studies. In the past seven months, I have not had a full month at home and that has lead to an incredible amount of stress and an overwhelming work load. I've been able to work out how I prefer to deal with that overwhelming feeling and it's definitely made things a lot easier. 

Prioritise 
I want to say this is an obvious one but it might not be to some. You really need to ask yourself, what is important right now? Go through your list and work out what needs doing immediately opposed to those that maybe aren't so important. By setting priorities you're going to get things done. 

Mind Mapping 
I'm always writing things down, whether that's on paper or on my phone. Writing things down is great but mind mapping is even better. Not only is it a great way to get your thoughts from your mind to paper but it's also a great way to organise any thoughts, ideas and plans. I'm someone that really benefits from putting ideas to paper and I think it's a great way to get organised. It would also be a great way to prioritise as well. 

Get Organised and Schedule
Feeling overwhelmed can often stem from the lack of organisation. Being organised and having things scheduled will help you know what has to be done by when and where you have to be for important appointments. It helps things run a lot more smoothly. 

Set Boundaries 
You have to learnt to say no and be very selective about the things you chose to focus on. Learn to set boundaries and guard your time. It's important to remember that you don't have to say yes to everything, be selective and only do the thing that you're really sure about. 

B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment