11 January 2018

Every Bad Situation Has A Silver Lining


There’s a silver lining to come from every bad situation. 2017 threw me my fair share of bad situations but with that being said, I’m different person to who I was a year ago because of them. 

I never imagined myself finding the silver lining when it came to the passing of my Grandparents. But the truth is, I can’t count on two hands the people I know who have lost there lives in the past year. I wake up each and every day thankful to be alive because in reality, we don’t know when our time is up. 

While I thought 2017 was the year from hell, truth is I wouldn’t be the person I am today without the lessons and growth I’ve experienced this past year. 

Thankyou 2017. For the experiences, lessons learnt, the tears, the grief, the happiness and the laughter. Without it, I don’t know the person I’d be today. 

This definitely wasn’t my original post I had planned to go up tonight but I just wanted to share what was on my mind. I would also love to do a post about grief during the festive season. It was my first festive season without my Grandparents and it was harder than I ever thought it’d be. Keep an eye out for that over the next few weeks. 


2017, I’m ready to say goodbye to you and 2018, I’m ready to say hello. I can’t wait to see what 2018 brings all of you. Much love. 

B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment