4 January 2018

The Lessons 2017 Taught Me


2017 has been a year full of lessons. One thing I can say about 2017 is that I've learnt a lot about myself. Because of the good and the bad of 2017 I've grown as a person and I guess that's where I can say I'm thankful. 

A Healthy Head Space Is Everything
Being in a healthy head space is something I really worked on and learnt a lot more about last year. I'm someone that tends to give a lot to others but never really does much for herself. That changed and 2017 was about putting me first. A lot happened in 2017 and it was good to be able to feel like I could step away if I needed to. 2017 was really the year where I needed to put myself first and look after myself. Creating a healthy head space for myself was a big part of that. It was about getting the balance right and that's something I feel like I'll forever be working on throughout my life time. 

Home Makes Me Happy
Out of the 12 months of 2017 there have only been two months where I haven't travelled anywhere. It was exhausting that's for sure. I'll be the first one to admit that I'm an introvert. While I love being around others, it's so mentally draining. I'd much rather be in the comfort of my own home. In say that though, I still go out to do and see the people I love but I probably don't do the stereotypical activities any other nineteen year old might do. 

Stepping Away From Social Media Isn't A Bad Thing
There have been a few times this year where I've chosen to step away from social media. Either because it's got to the point where I need time away from it for my own mental health or I'm seeing more negativity than I am positivity. And if it's the latter, then I'll take some time away and once I'm back on social media I'll re-access the situation to see what I can do about eliminating negativity from my timeline and usually that's just unfollowing a few people. Highly recommend taking a step back from social media and see how things re different for you without it in your life. 

I'm So Bloody Lucky 
A lot of the time where I've talked about 2017 I've mentioned how much of a shitty year it was. And it's true, it was an incredibly tough year but at the same time I've realised that I've been so bloody lucky. I have a roof over my head, food to eat, people that love and appreciate me, physically I'm doing okay and my family are healthy. I don't really know if I could realistically ask for much more. 

B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment