28 May 2015

WINTER TIME TAG

It's winter here in New Zealand and I hate winter! It's cold, rainy and yuck! In spite of that I thought I would share with you some of my favourite products, events and things to do in the winter!

Photo: pinterest.com 

1. Top 2 Winter Beauty Essentials? Something which is a must for me is a light BB Cream which I can just chuck on for school or is I'm just ducking out to the store it's just really easy to wear with dry skin which is often how my skin is in the middle of winter! I personally enjoy the Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB Cream and I'm in the shade Light! Another product I like to actually pair with my BB Cream is a moisturing concealer! My few of my favourites are the Rimmel Wake Up Concealer, I have this the shade Ivory and another favourite I found great for under the eyes is the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer and I have this is the shade 15 Fair!

2. Top 2 Winter Fashion Essentials? Definitely a pair of black boots, these can be ankle boots, knee high boots, with or without heels but I definitely think a pair of black boots is essential for winter! Black boots can be paired with absolutely anything and I currently have a pair of black small ankle boots with a small heel and I love them! My second fashion essential would have to be a some kind of coat, doesn't matter the colour as long as it keeps you nice and snug! 

3. Top 2 Winter Skincare Essentials? My skin personally can get incredibly dry over the winter months so I love to have an really moisturing skin care routine. An essential skincare item in my skincare routine, in the winter, is a serum! I'm currently using The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum Oil, I've only been using this product for about two weeks but so far so good! Another essential is a moisturing face spritz and the one I'm using at the moment and I'm nearly actually finished it but it's The Body Shop Vitamin C Energising Face Spritz, this product has a fresh tangy smell to it and I personally think it makes your skin just feel so much more energised, like the name suggests! 

4. Favourite Winter Accessories? Hands down, no doubt about it a scarf! In the winter I'm generally more often than not, wearing a scarf! This is because they help keep you nice and warm on those cold winter days but also because wearing a scarf keeps your neck warm this just helps prevent you feeling worse if you're already sick and just stops you from feeling ill! Another one of my favourite accessories to have in the winter is some kind of gloves! I can't stand having cold fingers, it's probably one of the worst winter feelings ever so gloves will definitely help with that! 

5. Favourite lip colour to wear in the winter? My favourite lip colour in the winter is definitely purples and pulmy colours! So two that I'm lovng at the moment is the ChiChi Viva La Diva lip stick in the shade Game On, this is just a muted pulmy colour, I would decribe it to be very similar to a Kylie Jenner lip colour! Another winter lip favourite is the Revlon Colourbrust Matte Balm in 225 Sultry and I adore this shade, it's definitely a shade that may not be for everyone but I think it's the perfect shade for winter and if you are able to get into a department store that sells Revlon I would definitely recommend going in and having a look! Even if your not a fan of this particular shade they have plenty in store and the formula is gorgeous! 

6. Favourite hot drink? Favourite hot drink would most likely just be tea, any kind of tea! I find tea super relaxing especially at nighttime before you head to bed! If I was to order something for Starbucks and feeling like something a bit different, rather than having tea, I would grab a Mocha, I love there Mochas especially in the winter months!

7. Skiing or snowboarding? Neither! Like I said early I'm not a fan of winter at all and I've never actually been skiing or snowboarding, I don't really plan to either, it's not really my thing if I'm going to be honest. However I will admit that it seems like an amazing sport and hobby!

8. Have you ever been ice-skating? What was your experience? Good or bad? I've only be ice-skating once and I didn't like it at all! I think I went ice-skating around that age of eight with some friends and yeah, it was just not a good experience at all! From what I can remember I just didn't enjoy myself!

9. Does it snow where you live? It doesn't snow where I'm currently living however it did when I was living back in Christchurch! Here in Nelson I've been told that it does snow on the hills but never down low and I would imagine that it would be way to wet here for it to settle anyway! 

10. Have you ever build a snowman? Yes I have! Everytime it snowed when my sister and I were little we would always go out and build a snowman and have snowball fights, it was so much fun and sometimes we would even have a hot bubble bath together to warm back up! 

11. What's your favourite thing to do during the winter holidays? The winter holidays for us here in New Zealand are only two weeks compared to other parts of the world when winter falls around Christmas time but I usually just have movie days with friends! My winter holidays are generally pretty chill and nothing to exciting happens!

That's my winter months summed up in one blog post! I know some of my readers are in summer right now so let me know what you're current Summer favourites are and if you're in you Winter months answer some of your favourite questions from above and let me know what you love or hate in the Winter time!

If any of you would like to follow me on social media then of course do so;
Twitter: https://twitter.com/bonni3ellen
Instagram: https://instagram.com/bonnie.ellen/
Tumblr: http://bonni3ellen.tumblr.com/

I'm sending happiness and love you wherever you are in the world!
Bonnie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment