19 April 2016

Compliments & Smiles Are Free


📷  // www.tumblr.com

" Facebook 'likes' are free. It doesn't cost you anything to hand them out. So go for it!" 

"Throw kindness around like confetti!' 

"Kindness does cost a damn thing, so sprinkle that shit everywhere!" 

It doesn't cost anything to click 'like' on somebody's post, status update or new group page. So why not? Be an encouragement to someone by clicking the like button, or even the new 'love' or 'wow' button. You're already on Facebook, so why not?

This first quote I mentioned changed my perception of how I use my social media. I just use to quickly scroll through my social media & kind of just look at what everyone is doing & every now & then I might like someone post, or maybe leave a comment. Now I put in more effort to actually like posts, favourite tweets, & comment positive things on those posts that I really love & agree with. This applies to all social media, whether it is Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blogs, YouTube Snapchat. 

The same also applies to podcasts, books, apps & so on. If you love a particular app leave a five star rating along with some positive encouragement & the same applies with books! If you read a great book leave a five star review on Amazon. One of the most important things you can do for these people is leave reviews, your positive comments & encouragement. They're important & totally free to handout. 

I've mentioned this before but these simple actions cost nothing, take only a few seconds to complete & provide valuable encouragement. It's a simple act with a huge impact to whoever may be receiving it. 

From experience, I know how hard it can be to keep in touch with everyone that you want to especially when life gets busy & little overwhelming. Liking or posting positive, encouraging comments allows them to know that you're still thinking about them & you haven't completely forgot. 

And in our internet world with so much constant negativity, shouldn't we be passing on as much positivity as possible?

Even far beyond social media. And perhaps even more importantly, our in person relationships. 

Compliments are free. It cost absolutely nothing to use kind words. So why are we not using them as much as possible?

Don't get me wrong, as amazingly lovely as it is to receive long, thoughtful drawn out compliments, sometimes just one short sentence can be enough to change the entire course of somebody's day. 

Small things like, 'You did an amazing job', 'It's really nice to see you', 'I'm glad I get to work with you', 'You look really nice today', 'I'm so proud of you, well done', 'You never fail to brighten my day'. 

Each of these comments only take a few seconds & don't cost a single thing. So why not just go for it. Even just a smile can change someones day. 

In a world full of negativity, I think everybody can use a little more positivity in our lives. 

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment