10 April 2016

Five Things Nobody Tells You About Working From Home


📷  // www.tumblr.com

I've been working from home for nearly coming up a year now & with that I thought I would share some of the things that nobody really talks about when it comes to working from home. Like with a majority of things, there are pros & cons but how we view them comes down to ourselves.

1: IT CAN GET VERY LONEY
I think this is probably one of the main things to remember when deciding to make the decision whether working or studying from home is for you or not. I'm going to be completely honest, being at home alone doesn't particularly bother me & I think that it mainly comes down to being an introvert & I couldn't imagine introverts having an issue with this however extroverts, those that throughly enjoy the company of others, try & get out more during the day. Remember you're aloud to take an afternoon break just like everyone.

2: YOU ARE YOUR OWN MOTIVATION
Being able to motivate yourself is super important when it comes to working from home. Whether you are studying or working from home it is so important to be self motivated or you would never get anything done.

3: YOU DON'T NEED TO WORK ALL THE TIME 
What I mean by this is that you don't have to conform to any kind of schedule. This is perfect for myself personally as my health varies from day to day. Find what works best for you & run with it.

4: YOU CAN GET A LOT MORE DONE IN LESS TIME 
Although a lot of people think that when you work from home you can choose to not work, which is true but the opposite, which is being able to get more done in a less amount of time is just as true as the first statement. Focusing on a single task can be a lot easier in the comfort of your own home opposed to working in an office or a classroom. You can manage your time more efficiently & get into your own zone. Personally, I never found an hour, which is the length of your classes here in New Zealand, was never really long enough for me to fully get in my own zone. Once I'm in my zone I can work super efficiently & get a load of work done but for I knew it class was over. I found that I wasn't able to do that while I was at school.

5: YOUR CLOEST BECOMES MORE CAUSAL 
A bit of an odd one I know but the majority of the time I'm just in casual, comfy clothes. Let's be honest, us home business gals have worked in our PJs or sweatpants more times than once.

A little bit of a disclaimer, working from home whether it's for work or study is something that shouldn't be rushed into. Work out the pro's & con's & really think about if it's something you want & if it's something that you might think will work for you!

B x




No comments:

Post a Comment