5 May 2016

Gratitude // Be Grateful For The Small Shit


📷  // www.pinterest.com


Gratitude is something that I think is very important. As the title says, be grateful for the small shit. I wanted to write this post because over the past 6 years I've had a series of events that have no only changed my life but made me appreciate the small things. I'm now eighteen years old & I can quite confidently say I am grateful for everything & everyone in my life.

"What if you woke up today with only the things that you thanked God for yesterday?" 

Whether you have a religious belief or not I think this quote is real & appropriate for many. Just think about that for a minute. Maybe we should all be asking ourselves this everyday. 

Be grateful. Early wake ups means children to love, a house to clean means a safe place to live, laundry to do means clothes to wear, dishes to wash means food to eat, crumbs under the table means family meals, grocery shopping means dollars to provide to for you, a toilet to clean means indoor plumbing, lots of noise means people in your life, endless question means brains growing, sore & tired in bed means that you're still alive!

Turn the negatives into positive. Be grateful for the things that you do have rather than than the things you don't. Ok, maybe you have the house to clean & yes maybe that is something that you don't particularly like doing but at the end of the day it means that you have a safe place to live right?

For me gratitude is such an important part of everyday life. If something bad or unfortunate happens in my life, then I tend to go through all the good things in my life, everything I do have & the things that I'm grateful for. 

I have a gratitude journal & everyday I write in it. I think that a gratitude journal is a wonderful way to start introducing gratitude into your everyday life. I like to write down three things that I'm grateful for from my day & gradually you'll get better & better at it. 

I guess what I'm trying to say with this post is that just be grateful, have gratitude. I promise you, it's not hard & it will change your life for the better. 

B x




No comments:

Post a Comment