12 January 2020

How To Have A Fresh Start In 2020


New Year, fresh start. There is something about this time of the year that jut draws me towards new beginnings, new goals, & new opportunities. Here are a few ways I embrace a new & fresh start at the beginning of each year. 

Set Yourself New Goals 
Often, it's all too easy to get caught up in what everyone else is doing. Not everyone wants to work towards strict goals or likes to always needing something to be ticked off their to-do list & that's okay, it doesn't mean you don't have drive or ambition. Personally, I like to have goals with a good amount of wriggle room so they can change & evolve with me as needed, rather than constantly battling against me. When it comes to goal setting for the year there are lots of different goal setting activities I take part in so that I'm setting goals that are achievable but also have that wriggle room if needed throughout the year. Let me know if you want to know more about my goal setting practices. It's never to late to be setting goals, it doesn't just have to be a New Year activity. 

Declutter 
Over the holiday period I quite enjoy decluttering & clearing out my space so that my environment is feeling really minimal & tidy. I can be quite ruthless when it comes to decluttering, which is never a bad thing I don't think but it does get me thinking about how I can use my space better. 

New Purchases 
This is the time of the year where I start thinking about new planning & organisation systems. What I might need for the new school year & items that I might be low on that I consider home necessities. 

Something To Look Forward To 
Giving yourself something to look forward is going to help you get through that initial back to work/school hump. After having time off it can be difficult to get back into the swing of things again & all your routines are out of whack. A weekend away would always be amazing but realistically it's always feasible for the majority of us so it's always good to have small, little things on the horizon as well. I'm talking things like new & fresh bed linen, a new book, new stationary to fill, dinner at your favourite restaurant or even having a weekend with zero plans. 

What are some of your ways to refresh for the New Year ahead of you?

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment