30 January 2020

Why You Should Celebrate Failure


Most people are scared to fail but failure isn't necessarily a bad thing. These articles add an interesting perspective to failure but also help to convince us to celebrate our mistakes rather than letting them get the best of us. 

"Barbara Corcoran is, by all accounts, a study in success. After she graduated in 1971 she did a brief stint of teaching, but decided that ultimately she wanted to be her own boss. Aided with a loan from her boyfriend, she started a real estate business in 1973. That business went on to sell for $66 million in 2001. 

Barbara's story is an incredible one, but she has a message for all aspiring business women. Failure isn't what you think it is. Barbara is adamant that all her best successes came on the heels of failure & wants to share her experiences of failure as a starting point for success." 

"On December 31, 2014, I stared at my computer, rereading a cover letter I had worked on for weeks. I'd sent it to my mom, my boyfriend, my best friend & my best friend's parents but it still didn't feel ready. I wanted it to be perfect. I was applying to NPR's Kroc Fellowship for emerging public radio journalists & knew that, done right, this cover letter would change my life. It did, but not in the way you might think." 

"At first glance, getting fired is not ideal. In many cases, it's completely unexpected & can render your ego & bank account severely depleted. There's no denying that being canned is a tough blow. We're talking emotional, professional & financial damages - especially in the short term. But as you'll read today, getting the ax can also be liberating & function as the much-needed impetus for progress, growth & change. Below, hear from four unstoppable women who masterfully manifested getting fired into their best career move yet. Because when life gives you pink slips, make pink lemonades." 

B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment