7 January 2016

Skincare Routine > Updated

Skincare is important & I don't think anyone can stress that enough. I cleanse, tone & moisturise my face twice daily. Looking after your skin on a daily basis is something that it'll definitely thank you for later. I believe that no matter what kind of skin type you have whether it's dry, oily or combination  or whether you have blemished skin or not, it's always going to be important to look after your skin & that goes for males to.

I tend to have combination of dry & oily skin & it does vary all the time. For me it was about finding a good balance of products that my skin would really benefit from. I am I really big fan of The Body Shop Skincare ranges, I believe I've tried something from  nearly each range that they currently have out & they never seem to fail me. They are constantly great & I'm never disappointed by them. The staff are also always super helpful if you're looking for something but you're not quite sure what you should be reaching for. 




MORNING SKINCARE // 

My morning skincare routine is very simple just because at night time is when I like to do a deep cleanse & also face masks & pore strips but they aren't something that I use every night. 

I'll wake up with a semi fresh face. I'll never got to bed with makeup on just because that's really not good for your skin & will cause nasty breakouts. So with my morning cleanser I just want something that will lightly clean my skin, unclog pores & take off any access oils, dirt & sweat from the night. I have recently been trying out The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Cleanser and so far so good. 

I'll then tone, I've been trying a couple of toners recently. The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner & also The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner. The Seaweed Clarifying Toner is the one that I have been using for longer but I really love both. 

Before I go in with my moisturiser I like to apply an SPF 50+ sunscreen. This can be anything that kind of sun cream thais safe to put on your face. I know that there are plenty of moisturiser that have SPF in them so that could also be something that you keep an eye out for as well. 

Then I'll go in & moisture with either The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream or the Nivea Soft Face, Body & Hands Moisturiser. Again I find both really good, they leave your skin feeling great. I find that both really keep your face feeling hydrated for a long amount of time too. 


EVENING SKINCARE // 

My evening skincare is definitely slightly more intense than what my morning time routine is. 

The first thing I'll do in the evening is take off any makeup that I'm wearing. To do this I'll use with makeup remover wipes or coconut oil. I find that either of the two are great for getting off my makeup, possibly the makeup remover wipes would be quicker but I alternate between the two. In the way of makeup wipes, anything that doesn't make you skin sting or break out is great. My personal favourite are Swisspers. You can generally pick these up from your local supermarket. 

When it comes to cleansing at night time I like to use The Body Shop Tee Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash. I honestly love this product so much & I really think it's what's been keep my skin so clear. Tee Tree Oil is so great for your skin as it's antibacterial & will help with any breakouts & blemishes. 

I will then do some kind of exfoliating scrub on my face. I generally don't tend to do this every night maybe every second night, just using a light scrub to keep any dry & dead skin off my face. I tend to use the St. Ives Apricot Scrub. There are a bunch for sensitive skin, dry skin & all the jazz so I definitely recommend checking out the brand if you haven't already. If I want a really deep exfoliant which I would most definitely only do once a week. I really love The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion Scrub. It's a really deep exfoliant & it really does leave the skin feeling fresh & new. 

I then reach for my toner. The exact same toner products the I mentioned above. I personally like putting my toner into a small spray bottle & then I would just spray it on my face rather than putting it on a cotton round. I just prefer that way personally but it's totally up to you on how you want to apply it. 

Then for moisturiser I reach for the same products that I mentioned in my morning skincare. 

I will then just apply any eye cream that I have lying around. I haven't let found a holly grail eye cream yet but I'll be sure you let you know when I do. I will also just apply a lip balm too. 

I also want to mention that The Body Shop are against animal testing & is a natural brand, which is another big tick from me. 

I do love a good face mask as well & I have a few current favourites so if you would like me to talk about those in a up & coming blogpost be sure to let me know! 



B x 


No comments:

Post a Comment