20 November 2016

For Those Days Where You Don't Feel Good Enough


Something I’ve been thinking about recently is when we don’t feel good enough, what is it that we’re doing & how does it impact how we’re feeling. It’s a feeling that we all encounter from time to time & when it does happen & can really make you doubt everything you do. I’ll admit that awhile back a went through a patch of feeling like I’d failed at everything I’ve done. I have no issues admitting this because I think everyone goes through patches like this every now & then. These are a few of the things that I like to remind myself when I feel like I’m failing at everything & that I’m simply just not good enough. These are just a few things I think we all need to remind ourselves on the days where we don't feel good enough. 

You’re Doing Just Fine
I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve told myself that I’m not doing well enough or that I need to be doing more in a specific area of my life & when looking at others & what they’re doing in there lives & felt absolutely rubbish in comparison. Most of us don’t give ourself enough credit for what we’re doing but the reality is that we’re doing our best we can in our current circumstances & that’s something to be really proud of. We’re constantly so focused on evolving & taking the right steps to better our lives we forget that we’re actually doing a pretty amazing job on a day to day basis. 

We All Struggle From Time To Time 
We all struggle from time to time & whether we like to admit it or not, we all have moments of self doubt. I think this is so important to remember when we’re looking up to those that we admire, they probably go through that exact same process. As lovely as it would be to have everything work in our favour & feel like life is constantly progressing & moving forward, but that’s just not realistic. 

Success Takes Time 
Success has a different definition to everyone, it doesn’t just have one meaning. If they’re is anything that’s the same about our big goals is that they’re always going to be something that takes a long time & that’s ok. Just because you’re not at the end goal now doesn’t mean you’ll never going to get there & putting in the day to day work right now is all the progress you need. 

Trying Your Best Is Better Than Not Trying At All
I was brought up to give everything my best shot & just try my best. I believe that hard work isn’t always the only aspect of achieving something, there are so many other factors that can come into play but if there’s one thing that’s true, it’s trying hard is better than convincing yourself not to try at all. It can be so easy to convince yourself not to bother at all because you’ll probably fail but by trying at least you know that you’ve put the work in & you can be proud of yourself for that. 

Remember no matter the circumstances you are good enough & sometimes we have off days. It's ok to struggle from time to time, life it constantly moving forward & progressing, it's just not realistic to have everything work in our favour all the time. 

B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment