7 September 2017

Staying Happy Online


We’re all aware of the negativity that comes with social media and being online. It’s important that we don’t start to normalise the negativity because it’s 100% not okay and it never will be. The internet is a wonderful place 95% of the time but it’s up to use to keep it that way/ 

I’m going to mention a few of the ways I try to stay happy and positive online amongst all the negativity. Maybe you’ll decided to incorporate some of them to make your online time and experience a happy and positive one. 

Don't Be Scared To Unfollow Or Block
I’m pretty ruthless with who I block and unfollow on social media and I don’t feel bad about it. I’m sorry but if you’re going to be sharing ridiculous negative and shitty comments online I don’t want to be following you and nor having you comments and opinions pop up on my newsfeed. By all means, you can talk however you wish, I just don’t want to have to listen or see any negative comments or posts. 

Absolutely No Reason To Be Nasty
 I truly believe that there is no reason to be nasty to someone in this world. I understand peoples annoyances towards certain things, I really do but I truly believe that there’s no reason to be nasty in return. People often forget that those they’re talking to or about are real people and have real feelings. Words have consequences. 

Limited Time Online
Don’t get me wrong I adore the online world but I’m very conscious about how much time I do spend online and when I don’t need to be sat scrolling on my phone when I am. More often than not, spending to much time online, amongst all the negativity, can effect my mental health. Being amongst peoples thoughts, especially when they’re negative, can be really exhausting. 

Your Community
The one best things about the interest is the fact that you are completely in control of what you do and don’t see. This very much ties in with your ability to unfollow and block people but being able to do this allows your online world to be filled with amazing and inspiring people. I’ve had comments from people who think this can be quite ignorant, to only be following the positive things, but my answer to this is no I don’t think it’s ignorant at all. If there’s somebody you know that you don’t really get along with or maybe you don’t agree with there opinions, is there really any point in following them? 


A quick little message before I leave it at that, I strong believe in ‘treat others how you want to be treated’ and ‘put out what you want back’. If you’re only putting negative thoughts and comments into our world then you’ll only receive negative back. I’m not saying that you can’t be in a funk and talk about it but spending precious time being judgemental and nasty is never the right thing to do, especially in the long run and it’ll never make you any happier. 

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment