5 July 2020

Winter Night Skincare Routine

@socialcut


When it’s cold & dark  outside all I want to do is cosy up in the warmth & what beer way to do so than to treat yourself to a bit of an at home facial. I believe I’ve already talked briefly about my skincare lineup for winter, linked here, but I’ve switched up a few products & had somethings change so I wanted to take this opportunity to share some of my new favourite products. 


For the first time in what feels like forever I’ve switched up my cleanser from The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Cleanser to Lush Ultrabland Facial Cleanser & Antipodes Gentle Cream Cleanser & Makeup Remover. I think the biggest difference I’ve noticed in my skin is that added moisture. While The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Cleanser was great & still is great for really digging deep & clearly out impurities, it was just to much for my skin now to be using daily. The winter months tend to leave me with really dry skin so the added moisture has been a delightful treat to my skin. 


Moisturiser is something else that I don’t typically change up too often but I have fallen in love with Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream. It carries a whole lot of gorgeous properties with it such as Vinanza Grape Seed oil which keeps skin healthy & energised, Manuka Honey which has potent anti-blemish properties & Rosehip oil which holds high levels of vitamin A & C & essential fatty acids to help reduce the appearance of scars & wrinkles. It’s a really gorgeous moisturiser. 


In terms of face masks I’ve fallen back in love with the L’Oreal Pure Clay Masks. There are three in the range that are all targeted for different results. All three masks hold 3 pure clays & are then combined with either Eucalyptus, Charcoal or Red Algae to help target specific areas. The Purity & Mattify Mask holds the Eucalyptus which is known for it’s purifying properties, the Detox & Brightening Mask holds the Charcoal which is known to act like a magnet to draw out impurities & the Glow & Refining Mask holds the Red Algae which is known for it’s brightening properties. I love that you’re able to create a tailored detox regime with your own multi-masking solution & that you can apply either 1, 2 or 3 masks at a time to address your skins needs depending on the day. 


B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment