9 June 2016

Winter Essentials




Winter has really hit us in New Zealand & for me that means a few things, dry skin & freezing my little butt off. I thought I would dedicate a complete post to talk about my absolute essentials for the duration of winter. I do tend to change up a few products in regards to my skincare routine, a few bits & pieces in my wardrobe as well as few accessories. Without further a do, lets jump right in!

SKINCARE
My skin absolutely does not like the cold weather at all & it tends to become really dry & tight. For this reason I have changed up a few of my skincare products. Number one being my facial exfoliator. The one that I have been reaching for recently is the Nivea Gentle Exfoliating Scrub. It helps with removing any dead & dry skin & another benefit I find with this specific exfoliator is that it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight & suffocated. Another product that is essential for me in the winter is some kind of facial oil. This could be anything that you prefer & find works for your skin. At the moment, I'm using coconut oil because that's what I just happen to be have in my house at the moment. But I have used Rosehip Oil in the past & love it just as much. I really like how oils leave my skin looking & feeling.

WARDROBE 
This winter I've been loving everything with a turtle neck. I have quite a wee collection in my wardrobe, from plain to stripped. I love how you can pair these tops with basically anything, you could add a scarf for extra warmth, or you could mix up the looks with different jackets, really the options are endless. Scarfs are always a massive essential for me in the winter, I don't think you could go wrong with a decent scarf in the winter. I also quickly want to mention that I don't think you can go wrong with a little pair of black boots in your wardrobe this winter. I think black boots can be essentially paired with any outfit & look really quite good.

ACCESSORIES
In the way of accessories I think that anything that is going to help keep you warm is fantastic. I get an incredible amount of use out of my hot water bottles in the winter, whether I'm taking one to bed with me or curling up on the couch while watching a movie. I think they are super handy to have. It's just not winter without a pair a thick fluffy socks & slippers. I think if you keep your hands & feet warm it helps keep the rest of your body toasty! With saying that, I'm looking for a lovely of gloves maybe even a fingerless pair so if you guys have any recommendations please leave me a comment or tweet me, I'd definitely appreciate it!

BATHES
I wanted to add this little section to this post because I love having hot bathes in the winter. Not only is it relaxing but it can also be great if you're looking for a way to warm up quickly. I don't know if I'd consider these essentials however I do like to have a couple of candles & bath bubbles or even gorgeous bath bomb from Lush.


B x




No comments:

Post a Comment