6 August 2017

My Current Five


As I was going through my makeup collection to find my July beauty favourites, it dawned on me that I had done an everyday look post for awhile. In this post I thought I would go into slightly more detail about my current five staple products in my routine and then later in the month I'll do a full post on every product that I've been using in my everyday makeup routine.

A few of the products I'm going to mention also featured in my July favourites, so I'll leave that linked here if you'd like to check that out.

Bourjois Bronzing Powder
I was pleasantly surprised when I first used this product. It applies and blends beautifully to the skin leaving a super natural finish. I was in need of a new bronzer so I'm happing I finally got round to adding it to my makeup collection.

Maybelline Master Conceal 
The coverage this product has is amazing. It blends seamlessly and is great for covering any dark circles which is typically what I use it for but it would also be great for covering any imperfections. The Maybelline Master Conceal is definitely my current favourite drugstore concealer.

Maybelline Brow Drama
My brows have a mind of there own and in the past I've struggled to find a product that will hold them in place all day long but also still leave them looking somewhat natural. The Maybelline Brow Drama holds my brows in place while leaving them looking natural. I love how this product isn't streaky, it doesn't clump and it doesn't add that terrible crispy look to you brows. I opted for a pigmented brow gel which adds a subtle tint to your brows but is definitely buildable if you're wanted something more bold.

Revlon Ultra Volume Mascara
Revlon have brought out a collection of mascara which are specifically formulated for a variety of different looks. There are six different mascaras in the collection varying from mascaras for length, volume and definition. I picked up the Revlon Ultra Volume Mascara because who doesn't love a little extra volume. This mascara, very quickly, became a staple in my makeup collection. It just beautiful and if the other five mascaras are anything like the Ultra Volume one, Revlon has hit the nail on the head.

Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finisher
Now this isn't a product I would've picked up myself but it was gifted to me so I gave it ago and turns out it's a fantastic product. It's a sheer, translucent shade which eliminates shine and sets makeup. When I read that it sets makeup I was a little sceptical because don't all powders set makeup? So I put it to the test one day. I was just getting over a cold so I had snot for Africa and knew I would be needing to blow my nose often. I did my usual face makeup and set that with the Revlon ColourStay Pressed Powder in Translucent and then went over my t-zone and around my nose with the Translucent Finisher. I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that blowing my nose didn't remover any of the makeup around my nose. That was definitely the point I fell in love with this product and knew that it would be favourite.

B x


No comments:

Post a Comment