10 March 2016

Inspiring Kick Arse Women

International Womens Day is celebrated worldwide on March 8th & in regards to that I thought it was only appropriate to mention a few on my favourite kick arse women & there wise words.




"Whatever it is that you think you want to do & whatever it is that you think stands between you & that - stop making excuses. You can do anything." - Katie Beauchamp // Co-Founder & Co-Cheif of Birchbox

"Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default." - J.K Rowling // Novelist 

"Human rights are women's rights & women's rights are human rights. Let us not forget that among those rights are the right to speak freely & the right to be heard." - Hillary Clinton // Former US Secretary of State

"I didn't know what I wanted to do, but I always knew the woman I wanted to be." - Diane von Furstenberg // American Fashion Designer & Founder of DVF

"I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that's how you grow. When there's that moment of 'Wow, I'm not really sure I can do this,' & you push through those moments, that's when you have a breakthrough." - Marissa Mayer // CEO of Yahoo 


"Dreams are lovely but they are just dreams. Fleeting, ephemeral, pretty. But dreams do not come true just because you dream them. It's hard work that makes things happen. It's hard work that creates change." - Shonda Rhimes // Creative & Exective Producer of Greys Anatomy & Scandal 

"Success isn't about how much money you make; it's about the difference you make in people's lives." - Michelle Obama // First Lady of The United States

"Learn for every mistake because every experience particularly your mistakes, are there to teach you & force you into being more of who you are." - Oprah Winfrey // Entrepreneur & Philanthropist 

"Because today is my day, your day, our day. And I'm going to seize it like my last." - Meghan Rienks // YouTuber 

There's an incredible amount of inspiring women in our world & these are only just a few. I'm always constantly being inspired by women in our world today & International Womens Day is just one way we can show our appreciation. Who are some of your favourite kick arse women?

B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment